Membership and Marketing Executive - Conservation Charity
This is an exciting opportunity to develop campaigns to attract new members/donors, engage existing and re-activate past supporters.
Position: Membership and Marketing Executive
Contract: 9 months Fixed-Term Contract
Salary: £27,123 - £30,316 p.a. dependant on experience (Inclusive of London Weighting)
Location: ZSL London Zoo - NW1
The Zoological Society of London (ZSL) is an international scientific, conservation and educational charity dedicated to promoting and achieving the conservation of animals and their habitats. Through ground-breaking science, active conservation projects in more than 50 countries and two Zoos, ZSL London Zoo and ZSL Whipsnade Zoo, ZSL is striving to protect species all over the world. ZSL’s belief is that a diverse and healthy natural world is essential for all species on the planet, including ourselves. By actively working for wildlife, through efforts in the field and in the Zoos, ZSL hopes to motivate others to take conservation action in their daily lives.
Reporting to the Supporter Recruitment and Retention Manager you will lead on the development of ZSL’s regular donor programme and will devise and deliver the strategy for the acquisition and retention of ZSL Members. This is an opportunity to use your experience to help lead ZSL’s supporter recruitment and retention activity and to drive the programme forward to achieve maximum engagement. You will work closely with CRM, Supporter Services, Marketing, Digital (web and social), Design and Conservation Programmes to aid delivery of campaigns. You will also work closely with a number of external suppliers including designers, media agencies and mailing houses
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To develop and implement campaigns to generate new members, regular donors and other supporters.
- To develop and manage an extensive programme of direct mail and follow-up communications for both members and supporters.
- To work with the Supporter Recruitment and Retention Manager to analyse the membership programme as a whole, making recommendations and changes when necessary
- Producing content and providing creative direction for a range of membership and donor resources.
- Analysing the donor database with CRM team, identifying key audiences for targets and developing and implementing a supporter journey
- Providing regular reporting of performance against targets (income and retention rates), learnings and resulting actions to the Supporter Recruitment and Retention Manager and the Development Director.
- To implement and manage other initiatives as part of wider fundraising campaigns, such as low-level giving for central ZSL campaigns. This includes onsite supporters’ honours boards in the zoos.
Ideally the job holder will have:
- Demonstrable extensive expertise in fundraising and/or marketing within the charity sector
- Prior experience in digital marketing, in particular social media
- A direct marketing qualification or equivalent qualification, or relevant work experience of database marketing (desirable)
- Good working knowledge of CRM systems within a charity or commercial environment
- Extensive experience in a membership or direct marketing.
- Prior experience of managing budgets.
- A Proven track record of running large-scale campaigns, across a variety of media
- Demonstrable expertise of managing external suppliers and contracts.
- Extensive and proven experience of working in a fast-moving and successful fundraising environment
- Prior experience working with designers and briefing on creative.
- Demonstrable understanding/experience of managing donor/customer relationships
Please note: This is a 9 month position and will be based at ZSL London Zoo. However due to the nature of the role, the job holder will be required to make regular visits to ZSL Whipsnade Zoo.
Closing date for applications: Midnight Sunday 16th July 2017.
TO APPLY AND FOR MORE INFORMATION:
If you would like to find out more about this position and to apply, please click the button to be directed to our website to complete your application.
The Zoological Society of London is a charity registered in England and Wales: no. 208728.
No agencies please.