Security Engineer / £65,000 plus bonus
Security Engineer Due to a new opening in the Security Operation team, my client requires a Security Engineer to oversee the technical implementation of security services and controls, you will participate in service introduction activities ensuring operational security requirements are complete. You will also be required to provide technical security SME that supports stable operations.
- Responsible for participating in service introduction protocols by validating, reviewing and assuring that the client's services meet all operational security requirements and are fit for service.
- Reviewing the client's existing infrastructure and helping maintain all security tools and infrastructure services, recommending on improvements and changes which drive changes.
- Responsible for overseeing vulnerability management service, ensuring that all processes run smoothly and all information is delivered to stakeholders regularly and on time.
- Be accountable for the deployment, management and support of all the client's security tools or infrastructure.
- Be accountable for designing firewall access rules meet the business requirements and maintain adherence to security policies and standards.
- Be accountable for monitoring and responding to cyber threats, vulnerabilities and anomalies. This also means overseeing and passing unknown security threats to the Security Engineering Lead.
- You will oversee the service management function and maintain this relationship in relation to change management, problem management and incident management.
- You will also be accountable for measuring metrics of the client's site in relation to high risk areas, information security controls and developing remediation plans as requires.
- Responsible for collaborating with Security Architecture team to report appropriate operational issues that may be resolved an architecture level.
- Finally be responsible for collaborating with Threat Intelligence team to identify opportunities for security control optimisation in line with threats affecting technology services.
There is an on call requirement for this position which is on a rotational 24/7 on-call requirement and also is an integral part of the information security incident response capability