Reward Recruitment LTD
Location: North London
Job type: Permanent
Job sector: Private Practice
Experience: PQE 3, PQE 4, PQE 5, PQE 6-9, PQE 10+
Contact: James Travis
Practice Area: Litigation
Job Role: Advocate Jobs, Associate Jobs, Fee Earner Jobs, Partner Jobs, Solicitor Jobs
Civil Litigation Solicitor - £35,000-£45,000 Salary
Reward Recruitment are currently partnered with a reputable multi service law firm searching for an experienced Civil Litigation Solicitor. Ideally this candidate will have experience in a range of litigation matters including General Litigation, Landlord and Tenants Litigation for their North London Offices. The candidate will have at least 3 - 5 years PQE dealing primarily with General Litigation, residential Landlord and Tenant dispute matters. Experience in other areas of litigation would be advantageous. This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious solicitor to take on a challenging caseload of litigation in a range of legal disciplines.
Required Skills and Responsibilities:
- Law degree (or equivalent GDL degree) - Essential
- 3 years PQE in Litigation Matters - Essential
- Experience of: Landlord & Tenant Disputes, Contractual Disputes, Contentious Probate
Consumer Disputes, Commercial Disputes, Professional Negligence, Debt Collection.
Daily responsibilities will include:
- To manage an agreed caseload of clients, providing appropriate advice and assistance in accordance with professional standards and internal quality requirements
- To process cases on a timely and cost effective basis and in accordance with professional standards and internal quality requirements
- To ensure that billing takes place promptly and that outstanding balances are collected as soon as feasible
- To provide written, telephone and office costs estimates to Prospective clients/ Introducers with a full breakdown of costs and disbursements as requested
- To develop and maintain good client and commercial contact relationships and enhance the firm’s client base by effective liaison with existing clients and Introducers
- To achieve all individual financial costs targets
- To maximize the firm’s potential to cross - sell services by identifying appropriate opportunities
- Completing specific legal forms and documents that must be filed with the Courts
- Dealing with Civil and Commercial Litigation Matters
- To assist with current matters as well as developing own case load
- Assisting the Office Managing Partner by gathering information for cases and attending clients
- To attend Court and act as advocate in both the Magistrates’ Court and the County Court at both contested and non-contested hearings.
- To advise on alternatives to prosecution and the issue of formal cautions and warnings to offenders where appropriate.
- To be responsible for the conduct of appeals and enforcement action in the Magistrates’/County Court.
- To be responsible for instructing Counsel, attending conferences and attending Counsel in Court where necessary.
If you are interested in this opportunity please contact James Travis at Reward Recruitment.