Senior internal auditor
An innovative and dynamic Money Service Business is currently looking for a qualified Senior Internal Auditor to join their Anti-money laundering compliance and finance department. The company has had presence in the UK for over 15 years Money transfer and bureau de change service.
In this role, you will be responsible for management AML compliance and internal auditing of finance, compliance department’s investigations, transaction monitoring, due diligence reviews, client onboarding file due diligence compliance reviews and provide support, Anti money laundering training to staff and guidance to business partners on a day to day basis.
The main responsibilities will include:
- Internal Audit of finance & accounts & compliance department
- Financial and business analysis
- CDD/KYC file reviews
- Investigation and recommendation of alerts relating to sanctions and PEP’s
- AML and CTF Investigations
- Transaction Monitoring
- Fraud Investigation
- Due Diligence Reviews
- AML training to Staff training
The ideal candidate for this role will have strong Accounting, Auditing, business analysis, AML compliance, be comfortable working within a fast paced and innovative business. You will be experienced with regards to the full spectrum of Accounting, Auditing, Anti-Money Laundering regulations and investigations.
Job Description & Required Skills
- Reviewing year end accounts and management accounts
- Development of compliance policies and procures to comply with the respective legal, licensing, and regulatory obligations
- Monthly, quarterly and annual transactions monitoring reports to identify risky transactions and recommendation for rectification
- Perform compliance audit procedures to identify potential money laundry activities
- Review and monitor the preparation of Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs)
- Ensure appropriate records and audit trail are maintained in accordance with HMRC & FCA guidelines
- Handle file reviews of suspicious activity to ensure compliance with the AML policies put in place
- Identify and inform of any changes to legislation and other regulatory requirements relating to AML/CT
- Prepared audit planning paper for purpose of time and resource management;
- Conduct compliance audit and provided consultancy services according to Money Laundering Regulation (MLR) and internal standards to banks and partners
- Audit of bank reconciliations and cash flow plans, balance sheet, profit & loss accounts, statement of changing in equity and cash flows statements;
- Liaising with Risk, Compliance and Finance departments regarding the setting of AML, KYC & Sanction rule sets including those relating to Politically Exposed Persons (PEPs)
- Maintaining processes and procedures for initial and on-going Enhanced Due Diligence for high risk customers, as agreed with REF management and the MLRO and a clear audit trail is maintained.
- Monitoring and policing completion of all CDD requirements on Credit Committee approved cases with CDD related conditions precedent
- Ensuring that on-going alerts such as adverse media, PEP and sanctions hits and persons of Preparing AML, KYC & Sanctions related management information and reporting
- Preparing and presenting material for staff training and communications in liaison with the Director and MLRO
- Ensuring that all staff complete regular (usually annual) AML refresher training and that specific staff with higher level needs receive appropriate training
- Using a risk based approach to review the AML and general Financial Crime risk landscape, governance and controls framework and report on and implement improvements with the agreement of the MLRO
Qualifications and experience:
- ACCA, or ACA or CIMA qualified member
- ICA member - fraud or money laundering related membership or qualification is desirable
- Educated to degree level or able to demonstrate suitable level of experience
- High attention to presentation, detail and accuracy.
- Minimum 4-7-year experience in the relevant field
Salary range - £24,199 - £30,199 based on experiences and qualifications