My client is a leading manufacturer in their field supporting the Technology Sector. They are privately owned and pride themselves on having a family run ethos. The company have close to 100 staff at their site in Newcastle upon Tyne as well as offices globally. The Company is in a very strong financial position with a strong order book and has made significant changes and investment to allow them to be a key player in their sector.
To support the company growth plans, a new position has been created in the Engineering Team. The post-holder will report to the Engineering Manager and will be a key member of the Engineering team. This is an ideal opportunity for someone either looking to advance their career or perhaps broaden their experience and responsibilities due to the nature of the role.
This is a wide and varied role and will involve contact with both internal and external stakeholders therefore you must be proactive, good with people and open to occasional travel.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate the introduction of new manufacturing products, processes, methods and equipment including establishing goals, training team members and evaluate results.
- Design, develop and test of various tools, machinery and equipment for recommended manufacturing methods.
- Develop and collect data to measure the effectiveness of processes.
- Improve manufacturing processes and methods for cost-reduction, quality improvement and efficiency.
- Ensuring the implementation of Lean Manufacturing methods & practices
- Engineering project management.
Essential Skills, Knowledge & Competencies
- Able to demonstrate practical engineering knowledge applied to manufacturing.
- Able to analyse manufacturing equipment and processes and define and implement solutions for improvement.
- Able to take a process and product from development into production.
- Project management skills - concept to commissioning.
- Computer literate (Microsoft Office).
- English language
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written).
- Effective organisational skills - able to prioritise activities and lead projects through to completion.
- Cross-functional engineering skills covering equipment, process and integration.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to deliver solutions.
- Motivated, with a proactive approach.
- Results-driven combined with a customer-focused attitude.
- Ability to work in a team and build effective relationships.
- Positive attitude towards working in a changing environment.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
Desirable Skills, Knowledge & Competencies
- Knowledge of Lean Sigma principles and tools.
- Knowledge of Minitab
- CAD skills.
- Strive for Continual Professional Development (CPD)
- Be willing to learn and assist in the continuous development and improvement of the Engineering Department.
- Be able to support various roles within the Engineering department.