Technical Services Manager
Technical Services Manager - Amazing building - Central London - Up to 50K
Do you want to work at one of the most unique buildings in Central London?
Are you HV authorised - current or previous?
If so please read on…
An excellent opportunity has arisen to join one of the leading companies in the facilities industry.
They have recently won a landmark building in Central London and are looking for an experience Technical Services Manager to join the maintenance team.
The main purpose of the job will be to ensure that the 24/7 operations maintained to a very high standard.
The TSM will also need to maintain the site PPM's to 100% completion at a high quality level and update the asset register on a routine basis.
There are 2 direct reports and there are also 12 engineers on site which will also indirectly report into the TSM.
The TSM will also be responsible for ensuring compliance is conducted, and that all requests are responded to for a client with a 5 star service level and will also be a key player in the technical pro-active approach on risk minimisation.
The TSM will also need to be the SAP for a complex HV system, knowing current status at all times, and taking part in shutdowns etc.
The other duties will also include:
- Manage all directly employed staff on the contract.
- Manage agreed KPI and SLA's.
- Responsible for managing the company's H&S and environmental performance on site.
- Plan and implement building shutdowns and complex client project works.
- Responsible for managing the company's quality procedures on site.
- Responsible for managing the site P&L account to agreed margins.
- Recruitment of any new staff required on site.
- Responsible for the development of all staff, which will include annual appraisals.
- Manage staff absenteeism and be responsible for disciplinary issues within site team.
- Management of client relationship on a daily basis.
- Management of all reports.
- Manage any additional business opportunities that will deliver client satisfaction and increase contract sales revenue.
- Responsible for the permit system.
Applicants for this role must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Qualified in engineering discipline; C&G, HNC, HND or higher.
- Strong technical engineering understanding.
- Previous experience of managing large engineering teams.
- Experience of managing large 24/7 sites.
- Experience of service delivery in high profile financial offices or critical data centres.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing with all levels of staff and clients.
- Ability to manage and prioritise a demanding and varying workload.
- Ability to deliver projects on time and on budget.
- Experience of HV systems.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.