Groups and Events Specialist
Groups and Events Consultant. Based in Central London.
My client is looking for a dynamic new Groups and Events Consultant to join their growing organisation located in the heart of Central London. The role is fast-paced with the opportunity to be able to learn and develop on the job, whilst contributing with their existing industry knowledge and skill set.
Main purpose of the Groups and Events Consultant
To work as part of a team, delivering professional, profitable and considered group travel and event management solutions to their corporate clients.
Duties and Responsibilities of a Groups and Events Consultant:
- Researching, planning and delivering group travel to meet deadlines, either alone or as part of a team.
- Creating clear and attractive proposals to clients, following up and showing an adaptive approach to meet client’s needs.
- Maintaining a strong relationship with corporate clients and delivering a professional service in line with agreed SLAs.
- Keeping invoicing and event logs up to date
- To build and maintain a solid knowledge of venues and event suppliers within the Uk and overseas.
- Occasional on-site event assistance
Key Competencies of a Groups and Events Consultant:
- GDS knowledge essential - Sabre
- Excellent organisational, telephone and written communication.
- A strong knowledge of Microsoft Offices package (Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Commercially aware to develop client relationships
- A genuine interest in the Events industry
For further information, please contact Paul in the Business Travel team.
PLEASE NOTE! Due to volume of applications, only suitable applicants will be contacted. Is this not the job for you? If you recommend someone who isn’t known to New Frontiers and we go on to place them in a role, we’ll send you £200 of Amazon vouchers as a massive thank you!