Tool Design Engineer
There is now a vacancy for a Tool Design Engineer / Development Engineer to join a leading company in West Sussex. Salary for the Tool Design Engineer / Development Engineer is c£40-45k + benefits. As Tool Design Engineer you will be joining a well established manufacturing organisation which provides quality products for an extensive range of sectors.
The ideal candidate will be experienced in both toolmaking and in tool design, with good manufacturing knowledge.
Tool Design Engineer - Overview of Role and Responsibilities:
- Working as part of the tool designing and manufacturing team
- Design of new tools and undertaking product trials
- Varied design and development work
- Preparation and modifications of designs
- Customer liaison to ensure highest possible standard of product accuracy and quality
- Reading and interpreting technical drawings as part of the process
Tool Design Engineer - Person Requirements:
- Experience of tool design using 2D CAD
- Experienced in a mechanical engineering, workshop environment.
- Ideally Degree or HNC in Mechanical Engineering
- Knowledge of 3D CAD would be beneficial
- Experienced in workshop techniques - milling, turning, welding
- Able to measure components accurately using vernier, calliper etc
- Strong multi-tasking and communication skills