Teaching Assistant Secondary - Rochester - 25 hrs p/w
Teaching Assistant (Secondary)
D2 £15,189 - £19,317 pro rata to £8,924 to £11,146
25 hours per week for 38 weeks per year
Have you recently completed your degree and are unsure of your next career move?
Have you ever considered becoming a Teacher?
You would only work term time (38 weeks a year) and so would be entitled to 14 weeks of holiday per year.
If so this could be your ideal opportunity to gain some invaluable work experience while being paid for your time.
I am working in partnership with a school near Rochester, who are amongst the Top 100 improving schools nationally, where the school truly care about the outcomes of the children they teach, this means they set high expectations of themselves and of the students - the result, a working environment where staff and students focus is to Aspire, Achieve and Excel, this applies to the staffs teaching practice as it also applies to the students work ethic and aspirations.
In your position as a Teaching Assistant you will be able to work alongside a class teacher, or alternatively work directly with small groups of students who require support.
- Provide teaching support in small groups and, where necessary, be assigned to individual pupils in order to aid learning in the classroom.
- Promote positive behaviour patterns, raise self-esteem and improve independent working in children to assist in their education and growth.
- Assist the teacher where necessary with preparation (and clearing away) of the classroom and materials to ensure effective and efficient teaching.
- To support individual students in the classroom who may have a range of difficulties, including learning, behavioural or physical needs under the direction of the class teacher.
- To work in a withdrawal situation with small groups of students at the request of the SENCO or the class teacher. Detailed guidance will be given by the relevant member of staff.
You should have:-
- Previous Teaching Assistant experience although a recent graduate with some school experience interested in becoming a Teacher would also be welcomed
- Level 2 NVQ in Teaching and Learning
- Good knowledge and understanding of English, Maths, Science or SEN (Although you would not be required to hold your degree in these subjects
- Able to support pupils from all ages and abilities
Please note that applications will only be accepted via Paul Madigan at Capita Education. To discuss this role please contact Paul Madigan on .
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety of young people. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced criminal records check (DBS) being undertaken before the position commences.