Content Manager - German
2145 - Content Manager - German - London - 12 month contract - £22 - £35k
Our client is a major global travel brand and they are looking for a Content Manager (German) to join their busy team.
Are you a creative, prolific writer with strong communication skills and a passion for matters and trends on the subjects of travel and culinary experiences? If so, we invite you to join our clients team and manage our content hubs. Order content aligned to the strategy, optimise articles from a SEO perspective, coordinate the freelancer community, do the outreach for campaigns and ensure that the right tracking is set up to create reportings and learn from their analysis.
As German Content Manager, you are responsible for
- Contacting and coordinating our bloggers/freelancers for our content hubs - Ordering content from text agencies
- Expanding the network (including attendance at relevant blogger events etc.)
- Enhancing and implementing our blog and Globetrotter strategy
- Editorial responsibility of blog and globetrotter entries as well as editorial writing (incl. interviews with experts).
- Researching new topics and updating the content calendar
- Sourcing images (iStock, EDAM etc.)
- Cooperation with Social Media, Merchandising and PR in order to push relevant contributions
- Doing outreach for our content management campaigns
- Setting up new features and templates within both platforms
- Work with developers to improve and develop the content hubs
- Set up of reports (KPIs) on a regular basis (Google Analytics, Omniture, SEOClarity); analyse, monitor and report outcome on projects and identify new opportunities and strategies in the market
- Reporting about the spends for bloggers / freelancers and other content production
- Management of bloggers/freelancers via Lystable (contracts, onboarding process, invoicing) - Competitor analysis and opportunity research - Participation in UAT testings
- Optimise articles from a SEO perspective
What you should bring on board:
- Prolific writing skills with journalistic or editorial experience (also PR) and a knowledge of various writing styles, such as blog writing, composing texts for the company website, journalistic writing etc.
- A good sense and creativity for choosing topics and assessing relevance; detecting trends - Research skills (SEO perspective)
- Personal motivation to contact, acquire and manage bloggers and journalists. Having a good network in place is advantageous, but proper motivation and a reliable feeling will suffice.
- Technical understanding and work experience with CMS systems (Umbraco), Wordpress
- Good analytical understanding
- Efficient and self-driven, ability to maintain deadlines
- Strong communication skills
- Strong written, numerical, analytical and creative skills - able to come up with great ideas and winning strategies that help websites stand out.
- Strong coordination/project management skills and attention to detail
- First experiences with site analytics solutions such as GA, SEOClarity, Omniture
- ability to analyse and derive useful insights from the data sets.
- Sound business acumen
- Motivation to learn the use of new tools (open minded), participate in trainings
- Flexibility to get in charge of new tasks Ideally, you should be a native German speaker, possess strong communication skills, have a variety of interests and be a team player.