£29,000 - £32,000 per annum (DOE)
Our client is a diversified global education provider that offers an extensive range of educational services for students and professionals including university programs, language training, student recruitment and workforce education.
They are looking for a knowledgeable and engaging Film Lecturer to join their team in London.
As their Film Lecturer, you will teach film modules and common content in SAE HE programmes and contribute to practice-based skills across disciplines, having experience in teaching project based learning at HE level. You will be responsible for:
- Facilitating learning through a variety of methods;
- Planning students’ learning experience through lesson plans and deliverable course material;
- Timely marking of assessments, providing useful and on-going feedback to students;
- Engaging in recruitment and outreach events through the year.
A full job description is available upon request.
To be considered for their Film Lecturer role, you will have the following skills and experience:
- Master’s degree in a related field, or Hons degree and a PG Cert Education/HEA Membership (enrouteto qualification with demonstrable evidence of satisfactory progress), and/or significant industry experience;
- Relevant expert industry experience and proficient with industry-standard equipment and software (Adobe CC Suite - primarily Premiere Pro, After Effects, Photoshop, Media Encoder, DaVinci Resolve) and modern practices (DIT, transcoding/consolidation, delivery, motion graphics, chroma key, tracking, rotoscoping);
- Teaching experience, including the creation of session plans and preparation of materials;
- Outstanding communication, interpersonal skills, be highly organised and good time management;
- Must have rights to live and work in the UK.
- Ability to create and build on industry links;
- Experience in Project Based Learning, Flipped Classroom and other contemporary forms of facilitating learning, using technology in learning, including Virtual Learning Environments;
- Ability to teach across other disciplines (including common modules and from Film, Games, Web etc.)
- The ability to supervise and guide students through film-production protocol, etiquette, and individualised final projects at level 6 is especially desirable.
They are particularly interested in applicants who have demonstrable experience in teaching Film, specifically with a production focus in terms of camera operation, the creative application of camera and related production resources.
Film Lecturer Benefits:
- £29,000 - £32,000 per annum (DOE)
- The Navitas Group offers outstanding long-term career opportunities within the UK and abroad, and is values driven and an equal opportunity employer.
- SAE is a dynamic, industry focused HE Provider, with regular opportunities to work with colleagues globally, using industry standard technology and innovative approaches to teaching and learning.
If you feel you have the skills for their Film Lecturer role, please apply now!