Senior Mechanical Project Manager
Job Title: Senior Mechanical Project Manager
Your salary: £60,000 - £72,000
Job type: Permanent
How you apply: Online or by phone (Michael Stevens)
Who you'll be working for:
Our client is one of the UK's most recognized and respected Construction Companies with more than 100 years of Industry experience and a proven record of successfully delivering major landmark projects in the UK and globally. With an in-house M&E design and delivery division working closely with the Construction Arm this is the opportunity to join an employer of choice with excellent long term career prospects, a wide diverse portfolio of clients, projects & sectors and all at the forefront of Construction innovation with a real conscious focus on employee development and progression.
Some of your responsibilities:
Our clients engineering services division is looking for a Senior Mechanical Project Manager to join the team in London to effectively and professionally lead day to day Design and Construction management of significant elements of mechanical works on projects, including procurement, installation, and commissioning. Delivering within budget and programme to the satisfaction of the Main contractor & client.
- Lead day to day Design (where applicable) and construction management works on projects, including procurement, installation, and commissioning.
- Ensure that all work methods are sufficient to meet the project's needs.
- Ensure that the master programme and schedule of deliverables for the project is developed, meeting the requirements of the brief and the clients expectations.
- Add value to the design process by challenging solutions, methods and techniques where appropriate to improve build ability and reduce whole life costs.
- Develop clear, detailed and practical measures of performance to meet project objectives. Regularly inspect works for compliance with design and report on progress, ensuring remedial action is taken within agreed timelines
- Assign clear accountabilities to members of the department and help others understand and achieve their responsibilities
You must have:
- Experience leading on large build projects from preconstruction through to delivery.
- Excellent working knowledge of materials, specifications and industry working practices.
- Experience working with an M&E services provider
- Ability to drive project against programme and quality demands
- Educated to ONC level or likely to hold relevant professional qualifications.
Do you want to discuss this exciting opportunity in more detail?
Please call Michael on