3rd Line Technical Engineer
rd Line Engineer
Are you an experienced 3rd Line Engineer? Are you happy to join an established IT Managed Service Provider with a list of Corporate Clients they provide overall Services, Solutions and Support to both in the UK and Internationally? Then this may the next exciting challenge in your career.
- Based in Wembley with client site visits where required, in and around London
- To provide 3rd and some 2nd line support for all customer services (internal and external)
- To ensure quality and timely delivery of all support services
- To provide delivery on pre-sales (solutions), engineering and projects
- To attend pre-sales meetings to assist in developing solutions
- To fill the gap between Specialist and Consultants when required
- Ensure all work is documented correctly
- Comply with ISO Procedures
- Operating Systems - Microsoft 2003/2008/2012 Server, Linux (Linux+ Certification or equivalent experience may be accepted)
- Virtualisation - VMware 6.x, Hyper-V
- Citrix -XenApp 6.x, 7.x XenDesktop 6.x, Netscaler 10.x, 11.x
- MS Exchange 2010, 2013, O365 Hybrid environment email systems
- MS SQL 2008, 2012
- Experience with Apache, Tomcat, Nginx, IIS
- Backups solutions using Veritas and Symantec products: BackupExec and NetBackup, Veeam, Ahsay, Acronis.
- Symantec, McAfee, Trend and Sophos anti-virus systems
- Network and server performance configuration and monitoring using products such as Nagios, Nable, MS SCOM and MS SCCM.
- Systems reporting and analysis, providing server optimization and best practices guides.
- In-depth knowledge of HP, IBM and Dell from entry-level to enterprise-level servers and SAN storage
- Switching and Routing - CISCO 2960, 3750, 2821, 2851, 6504e, HP ProCurve, 3COM, Netgear
- Experience with CISCO ASA, Checkpoint, SonicWall E-Class, Juniper
- Web Filtering - WebSense, CISCO Ironport
- Experience with Standardized Service Management Methodologies such as ITIL
Training and Qualifications;
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) on Microsoft Windows 2008 (but preferably 2012)
- Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator: Messaging (MCSA) on MS Windows 2003
- Linux+ Certification
- IBM Certified Solution Architect - Cloud Computing Infrastructure or similar
- Citrix Certified Administrator (CCA),
- VMware Certified Professional VCP 5 (or better 6)
- Citrix XenDesktop 7 Solutions
If you have experience as a 3rd Line Engineer with experience around the required technologies, then please do not hesitate to apply for immediate consideration.