Site Maintenance Technician / Engineer
MULTI SKILLED ENGINEER
KTC is Britain’s largest manufacturer and distributor of oils and fats and was formed in 1971. Today, the KTC customer portfolio covers the full spectrum of the food business from retail, through wholesale, major multiples and food manufacturers. In recent years, the company has diversified its product offering and now supplies a vast range of cooking products, sauces and edible products, which are supplied through local and national wholesale / retailers.
The role entails providing a comprehensive, autonomous on-site role at our Liverpool site, delivering an effective and timely maintenance service on to the site operations ensuring the legal compliance and efficient/reliable functionality of all equipment within budget.
The role will challenge your knowledge and engineering skills on a regular basis. You will also need excellent communication skills and the ability to build a positive relationship with the production team.
Summary of Key Duties
- Input into the implementation of maintenance procedures, engineering standards / specifications, Risk assessments and method statements and other SHEQ systems
- Support the Operator Maintainers in 1st line fault identification and rectification
- Conduct 2nd line fault finding on Plant upsets and equipment malfunctions, implementing suitable corrective actions
- Undertake corrective and preventive maintenance as required
- Provide technical support and training to the Operator Maintainers on all aspects of maintenance
- Initiate RCA (Root Cause Analysis) investigations into Plant issues and equipment malfunctions
- Implement condition based inspections of equipment in distress and determine corrective action plans
- Ensure consumable spares and suitable lubricants are available to the Operator Maintainer teams
- Define and standardise optimum changeover processes
- Accountability for withdrawing stock from engineering stores
- Handle the allocation of Work permits, procedures and programmes
- Good knowledge of packaging and food production lines / machines (desirable)
- Demonstrable experience of maintenance within an automated FMCG / food environment
- IT literate
- Mechanical/Electrical Qualification (essential)
- Strong communication skills and excellent attention to detail
- Good organisational skills. Able to plan, prioritise and meet deadlines
- Tenacious and driven to meet deadlines and business objectives
Working hours will be in line with usual office hours - Mon-Fri (circa 45 hours per week) and not shift based.
NO agencies please