Project Manager Manufacturing
Project Manager (Manufacturing)
£35,000 - £45,000
The RZ Group is working closely with a global engineering company based in the Bristol area who are looking to recruit a Manufacturing Project Manager.
The purpose of this role will be to own and coordinate within the Manufacturing Engineering throughout all the stages of the Product Design Process for new product platforms, customised products and continuous improvement projects to achieve designed for manufacturing products. The main responsibilities will include:
- Representing the manufacturing department within the Product Commercialisation Process and ownership of the defined deliverables.
- Participating in project team meetings and presenting manufacturing projects status to site management team
- Coordinating and managing layout modifications of the manufacturing system with the manufacturing systems lead and involved cell engineers.
- Identify the critical parts within the manufacturing process on safety, environmental, logistical, handling, tooling, training or capacity level and formulate the necessary mitigation plans for the identified risk.
- Coordinating manufacturing project activities with all other implicated departments (engineering, purchasing, customer support, finance, facilities, product marketing)
- Creating and validating the accuracy of the manufacturing technical data in coordination with the cell manufacturing engineers.
- Developing and implementing new processes and manufacturing equipment to meet the requirements of our Engineer to Order, New Product Introduction and Continuous Improvement Projects.
- Presentation of project and product to manufacturing team.
- Defining and optimising manufacturing documentation, tools, workflow for manufacturing based upon information supplied by upstream development engineering functions.
- Coordinating with procurement the setup of the logistical parameters for the project defined new or modified parts.
- Ensuring design for manufacture and assembly techniques are implemented at the concept phase of new product development, to also include monitoring unit production costs to deliver a product on time and to budget.
Experience Qualifications & Skills required
- Experience of working within an assembly environment for a large Manufacturing company
- Previous experience in key manufacturing principles such as TPM, 8D, 6S problem solving, product responsibility, continuous improvement process as well as new product introduction.
- Project Management experience including implementation of complex and technically challenging projects
- Use of risk mitigation tools to control risks within projects and prioritise risk to be mitigated
- Relevant experience in implementing the principles of lean manufacturing
- Experience of utilising problem solving and root cause analysis tools in a manufacturing environment.
In return my client is willing to offer a salary of up to £45,000 depending on experience plus an excellent benefits package and working environment. If you would like to be considered for this role please don't hesitate to click apply or call Gareth Cottom on for further information.