Purchase Ledger Clerk
Purchase Ledger role supporting existing business within the company
My client is an emerging and exciting company, growing at an exponential rate. The company is fast paced, is a great place to begin and or develop you career in accounting and finance, with excellent opportunities for progression.
- Receiving, coding, posting of purchase invoices with a high degree of accuracy, minimising errors
- Meeting the high daily processing targets, completing daily tasks as required and setting up new suppliers onto the finance system
- Owning of specific weekly/monthly payment runs including requesting invoices for payment and ensuring remittance advice's are sent to suppliers
- Helping to ensure the company hits their SLA's
- Ensuring allocated supplier accounts are tidy at all times. All payments and refunds matched to invoices and credit notes in the month. All payments and refunds are correctly allocated to the supplier account in the month.
- Completing all allocated Statement reconciliations on a monthly or quarterly basis as required by the tidy up schedule.
- Filing up to date daily
- Any other tasks as directed
The successful candidate will need:
- To be currently studying the AAT (or similar) or completed the qualification
- Able to work to a high degree of accuracy
- Confident of dealing with a high volume workload
- Clear and confident communication skills
- Proven ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent IT skills
- A strong team ethic
Knowledge of Open accounts alongside excellent skills including V look ups and pivot tables would be an advantage.
The package on offer includes:
- £18000 per annum starting salary
- 25 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Great pension scheme
- Fantastic opportunities for progression internally within the company