Our client is in an exciting desirable sector and has an exciting opportunity for a positive, engaging Ecommerce expert to motivate a team and inspire!
The successful candidate will drive the commercial focus for the already well established online capability to deliver conversation across multiple channels to take responsibility for the development and optimisation strategy of the digital channels to deliver objectives. This will be driven by key relationships with multiple departments, agent channels and future brands that are introduced.
Responsibilities and Key Tasks
- Implement and develop a new Ecommerce function.
- Lead and develop a high performing Ecommerce team
- Engage and develop relationships with key internal and external stakeholders - championing a commercial agenda and customer centric focus through all our online activities.
- Take responsibility for the performance of existing websites and ownership of the customer journey throughout.
- Deliver performance improvements across all sites against agreed business targets.
- Work closely with the commercial trading team to develop a strong shared understanding of how to effectively merchandise our product in line with the key commercial drivers.
- Ensure content is optimised to drive sales online through regular performance reviews.
- Work with product team in order to source content and build product performance improvement plans.
- Act as product owner for the websites to define requirements, development priorities and strategic roadmap to achieve our commercial and experiential targets.
- Work with the analyst and technical team to greatly improve the capture of performance metrics, also liaising closely with CRM and guest experience teams to drive greater understanding of the individual customer experience.
- Leverage the data insights to direct development strategy driven by measurable gains and ROI.
- Work in partnership with the marketing team to support multi-channel promotional activity and build understanding of effectiveness.
- Build a realistic process framework to continually test, understand and enhance the customer journey and experience
- Deliver performance metrics to the leadership team along with insights and analysis
- Oversee the design and management of new multichannel propositions, ensuring they are customer driven and using technology as an enabler
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of what drives a successful online business.
Strategic and commercial thinker with clear analytical skills and the ability to communicate across all levels of the business
Experience of team leadership and line management responsibility
Commercially astute with experience running an Ecommerce operation
Strong influencing and negotiation skills, working both internally and externally
Experience of technical platforms and ways of working including agile
Good knowledge of merchandising websites and with analytics products
Innovation & Change Orientated