Outreach and Engagement Worker /Care Worker /Support Assistant
Job Title: Outreach Support Worker
Position: Full Time, 40 Hours, Fixed Term Contract
Closing date: 12:00 21st July 2017
Our client provides a range of services to some of the most marginalised members of society, including those affected by homelessness, addiction, domestic abuse, mental health issues, the criminal justice system and long term unemployment.
They are looking for an outreach worker whose role will involve Identifying and locating eligible service users from the outlying areas of B&NES for the West of England Works Employment Support Project. Responsible for assertive outreach, building up relationships with external agencies to encourage good quality referrals, and growing local links and pathways. A confident public speaker this person will be the projects voice outside of central Bath.
Able to remotely work this person will be based in various local offices as well as GP Surgeries/Libraries and must be able to travel between areas to make the best use of their time.
- Work with the Project Coordinator to actively promote and market the project.
- Able to engage, inspire, develop and progress people with complex/multiple needs towards and into the right work and training opportunities for them.
- Pro-actively identify potential referrals through assertive outreach and active engagement with organisations supporting disadvantaged groups.
- Check the eligibility of all referrals and register onto the project as appropriate.
- Assess referrals holistically and carry out an initial assessment of each service user's skills development, training and employment needs.
- Support service users to navigate available support options, including mainstream services, family and natural support networks that can be optimised, as well as specialist support services.
- Signpost and accompany service users to specialist services (e.g. substance misuse, housing, health, benefits, legal, debt advice) to overcome barriers to work and employability;
- Provide consistent motivation and mentoring support to service users with complex and sometimes challenging needs, empowering them to achieve their employment and training goals and stay engaged with the project.
- Effectively gain eligible referrals ensuring ambitious performance targets and project objectives are met.
- Pro-actively maintain at least weekly contact with service users, to maintain their motivation, keep on track and address any set-backs.
- Accompany service users on appointments and advocate appropriately on their behalf.
- Identify suitable work experience and training placements and provide support to service users to sustain their placement in liaison with employers.
- Support service users with confidence building, CV development, interview skills and job search.
- When employment is secured for a service user, maintain supportive contact through the transition from being out of work to being employed.
- Provide information and advice to service users on a range of matters to address complex barriers to employment and training including accommodation, welfare benefits, childcare and other caring responsibilities, debt, social isolation, language, disabilities, health and well-being.
- Map out learning and employment agencies across the outlying areas and develop and implement partnership and joint working protocols.
- Liaise and share information appropriately with other agencies to maximise positive outcomes for service users;
- Track people's experience of the project using self-evaluation questionnaires and feedback from staff and stakeholders;
- Maintain accurate service user records and record all data in accordance with ESF requirements, including service user views and experiences of the project, to enable the organisation to monitor the progress of the project and evaluate its overall effectiveness.
To apply for this role please click the APPLY button and further information will be sent to your email. If you haven't received a link within 30 minutes, please check your junk mail.
Candidates with experience of; Personal Assistant, Support Worker, Care Assistant, Support Worker, Enabler, Carer, Care Worker, Care Helper, Care Manager, Care Assist, Support Coordinator, Care Manager, Support Manager, Care Coordinator, Carer, Care Support, Care Assistant, Social Worker, Vulnerable Adult, LSW, LSA, Support Assistant, Adult Support Worker, Special Needs Support, Adult Care Assistant, Mental Health Support, Autism Support will be considered for this role.