Legal Secretary - Family
As the Legal Secretary - Family - within the Richmond Upon Thames office, you will support 2 fee earners and a few consultants within a fast paced environment.
Our client is a well known, rapidly growing Law firm with offices based in Richmond Upon Thames and 4 other UK locations. They are offering a progressive and team oriented environment for all.
As the Legal Secretary - Family - within the Richmond Upon Thames office, you will carry out the following:
- Manage diaries, ensuring they are up to date and remind Fee Earners of meetings, etc., on a daily basis.
- Arrange meetings, book conference rooms, refreshments, check rooms prior to meetings, etc., and liaise with other attendees, both internal and external.
- Organise travel arrangements, book and confirm reservations and deal with related details.
- Arrange, or, where not appropriate, conduct photocopying, printing, organising couriers, sending out letters, faxes, etc.
- Arrange for files to be opened and closed, ensure that general filing requirements and record keeping requirements are met.
- Use effective systems to ensure that both short and long term tasks are completed within required timescales.
- Support Fee Earners in marketing activities, including involvement in preparation of tenders and presentations.
- Take internal and external telephone queries, responding as appropriate, and/or ensuring that all messages are passed on in a timely manner.
- Monitor post and/or e-mails and dealing with as appropriate and ensure that all client related correspondence is passed on to an appropriate Fee Earner, if the relevant person is out of the office.
- Liaise with business support departments on behalf of the Fee Earners as required.
- Liaise with the office's Team Leader over any planned absences, arranging cover as necessary and communicating this to the relevant Fee Earners well in advance.
Client Relationship Management
- Become an active part in the care of clients and be wholly familiar with contacts/clients.
- Enter, maintain and update client details and relevant information on the firm's contacts system.
- Deal with basic client queries and general administration.
- Arrange client meetings.
- Type all correspondence, emails, documents, faxes, presentations, reports etc. as required.
- Produce and maintain Excel spreadsheets as required.
- If dictation is sent to the Document Production team during busy periods, double check the work produced by them before it is passed to the relevant Fee Earner and undertake basic/minor amendments where appropriate. The Document Production team will check their output but some Fee Earners may require you to check.
- Assist Fee Earners in the billing and credit control process by liaising with the Fee Earner and accounts and to produce standard financial/time reports through the system.
- Request cheques, bank transfers and paying in money received, as appropriate.
The ideal candidate will have/be:
- Accurate typing speed of at least 60 words per minute.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word (including track change), Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, research tools and other system implemented by the firm such as case management.
- Knowledge of legal terminology, documentation, legal processes, etc.
- Excellent telephone manner and competent knowledge of telephone system.
- Excellent communication, organisational and team skills.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Flexible and dependable, able to take the initiative.
- Able to remain calm under pressure and work to tight deadlines.
- Conscientious, approachable and enthusiastic.
- Able to quickly build confidence, respect and trust with others
- Have a positive approach to daily tasks and have a solutions focussed working method
Our client is offering a salary of up to £30,000 with excellent benefits