Assistant Store Manager - Ashford
This industry leading supplier & wholesaler dealing with reputable trade customers and businesses is looking for an Assistant Store Manager.
This national business has over 25 stores & Online trade & is looking for a highly driven Manager from a customer service focused high-street or wholesale retailer who will help drive sales, service and commerciality on the shop floor.
The nature of the business means that all branches is predominately opened Monday - Friday!
The role of the Assistant Store Manager will include the following responsibilities:
- Assist in leading the Branch team to hit sales/profit targets
- Stock Management system and audit and wastage targets.
- Bring visible on the shop floor driving in-store compliance and company policies and procedures
- Great interpersonal skills with external customers
- Involvement in recruitment for sales & supervisors.
- Ensuring, through regular meetings, that all staff are fully conversant with promotions, incentives, sales information, special events, training activities and new/changes in Company policies.
To be successful in this position you -
- Must have Management experience within another customer focused retailer or wholesaler
- Example of backgrounds that have been successful are - Health & Beauty, Department stores, Salon, Jewellery or fashion retail environment. These are desirable but not essential!
- Ensuring that effective stock rotation is carried out including all stock coding and pricing are correct
- Excellent customer service skills to suit their b2b customers
- Have led a successful team focused in hitting sales targets
- Understanding of having the right people in the right place at the right time
- Exceptional team building skills
- Has dealt with paperwork regarding sales target, rotas and has experience running a store in the absence of the Store Manager
- Must hold a full driving license and access to a car.
This is a desirable position with the opportunity to join this reputable business due to increase market share. The position offers great pension benefits, staff discount and working conditions and hours (no Saturdays & predominately 9-5pm in the week!) and exceptional bonuses! This position is a maternity cover for up to 12 months, so will suit a candidate who is immediately available or open to a long contract position. If this position sound of interest please send us your up to date CV quoting the reference Q103395.
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.