Systems Analyst - Azure, Hyper-V
Systems Analyst - Azure, Hyper-V
Shift Pattern: 4 days on, 4 days off
Our client requires an experienced Technical Analyst to join their team supporting the business critical production systems 24/7. This particular role is for a 12-hour shift rotation, working 4 days on, 4 days off, as part of a team of similar shift engineers.
On a day to day basis you will be responsible for monitoring the production environments and be able to quickly diagnose and resolve issues as they arise. You will have an in-depth knowledge of networking, windows servers and services as well as being competent at analysing logs and building a picture of the state and health of the platform by using all the tools and services at your disposal. An interest in database technologies and experience with SQL will be beneficial to truly excel at this role.
The candidate will work closely with existing Network Operations team and support all areas of the business from a ticketing system and be required to adhere to a strict change management process.
- Responsible for the maintenance and high availability of the production datacentres, network infrastructure, servers and services
- Ensure integrity and security of data in accordance with best practices and business requirements for regulatory, security and privacy compliance
- Ensure uptime of all services is greater than 99.999%
- Proactively monitor real-time dashboards, logs and metrics to ensure uptime, highlight performance improvements and future capacity planning
- Quickly and efficiently identify, mitigate and resolve any system issues that occur to ensure full service availability for our customers at all times, escalating to 2nd and 3rd line on-call engineers when required
- Maintain servers and services through software updates, security patching and service pack installation
- Manage backups and regularly test restoration
- Assist with technology planning
- Produce regular and ad-hoc MI
- Thoroughly investigate any incidents after the fact to determine root cause and identify methods of preventing any future recurrence.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- High level knowledge of Windows server 2012R2 and above
- High level of experience in managing Windows server environments and Azure cloud environments
- Networking and network security
- Strong working knowledge of Active Directory
- In-depth knowledge of LAN, WAN and VPN support and design
- In-depth knowledge of Firewalls and UTM
- Working knowledge of SQL
- Production experience of Hyper-V
- Production experience of System Centre VMM
- Microsoft certification, MCP, MCSE, MCSA, MCSD
- Advanced SQL knowledge
- Any MongoDB, Cassandra or ElasticSearch experience
SKILLS & VALUES
- Excellent troubleshooting and diagnostic skills covering network administration and security, server management, software and issue resolution
- Good communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with both technical and non-technical employees
- Technical experience in Microsoft Azure Cloud based networking and infrastructure deployments, migrations and administration
- Excellent planning, project, change and time management capabilities
The role is based in the Maidstone office, however the need may arise to travel and visit other office locations within the UK and beyond.
The hours of work are 12 hours per day on a 4 on/4 off shift pattern.