Tax Manager (Large Independent Firm of Chartered Accountants)
Our client an established firm of Chartered Accountants are seeking a Tax Manager for their growing practice based in Golders Green.
The role will involve you dealing with technical advisory work, as well as other technical tax queries from other Departments and reviewing complex tax returns. You will also be responsible for managing, traning and developing junior members of staff.
Key Duties/Skills include:-
- Experience in preparing, reviewing and submitting research and development (R&D) reports to HMRC.
- Inheritance tax and lifetime planning. Also advise on reliefs such as BPR
- Shares schemes such as EMI and CSOP and their implementation
- Treatment of expenditure for corporation tax purposes
- Capital allowances and use of allowances such as the Annual Investment Allowance.
- VAT implications of transactions
- Stamp Duty Land Tax and ATED, as well as the reliefs available from these taxes.
- Income tax, capital gains tax and inheritance tax planning for non-UK domiciled individuals
- Income tax reliefs such as loss relief and pension relief
- Capital gains tax reliefs such as entrepreneurs’ relief, principal private residence relief, rollover relief and gift relief.
- Venture capital schemes such as Enterprise Investment Scheme and Seed Enterprise Investment Scheme, as well as obtaining advanced assurance.
- Treatment of employment income and benefits in kind
- Anti-avoidance provisions such as transfer of assets abroad, gains attributed to UK resident individuals under s13 and s87 TCGA 1992 and transactions in securities.
You will hold a professional exam such as CTA or be QBE and you will have at least7 years' tax experience.