- 'Good' OfSTED Report
- Short term contract with the view to become permanent for the right candidate
- MPS2 - UPS3 + SEN Point
- September start
- Friendly Supportive Work Environment
A PRU for students with Social, Emotional, and Mental Health Difficulties (SEMHD) is currently looking to recruit a qualified Science teacher, full time starting as soon as possible. For this Science Teacher role, you must have QTS and experience teaching students at KS4 level and have taught in a PRU, Alternative Provision or exclusion unit with students with SEMHD. As this is a short term contract, the Science Teacher will not be required to plan any sessions as the current teacher will have covered this until the end of the academic year.
The criteria for a Science teacher is:
- Can teach Science up to GCSE level
- Has QTS
- Can use a range of behaviour management techniques
- Has experience teaching to children with SEMHD, either in a SEN or PRU setting
This PRU caters for up to 100 KS4 students and is linked with another PRU as part of the Newham PRUs Group. There are located a 2 minute walk from King George V station on the DLR and situated next door to a sports centre which is used by the school. There is excellent opportunities to progress and a wide range of CPD on offer.
The school would like to see potential CVs immediately so send through your CV today to be considered for the role!