Communications, Senior Associate (9 month FTC)
Communications Senior Associate, Central Support, Supervision Investment, Wholesale & Specialists Division, 9 month fixed term contract or secondmentThe salary range will be approximately 34,500 to 45,000 GBP plus a competitivebenefits package and non-contributory pension.Background
At the FCA, we're creating a fair and more resilient financial system. We're establishing more transparent relationships between financial services and their customers, building trust in financial markets and protecting vulnerable consumers.
Sitting between the two Supervision divisions, the Central Support Department provides key operational support to these divisions. We deliver divisional management information and secretariat support to help the Supervision Senior Leadership Teams make regulatory and operational decisions; support the supervision divisions undertake business planning and oversight of delivery of the business plan; and provide advice and support for the development and maintenance of the supervisory framework and our key operating system, INTACT. We work closely with both the supervision divisional Senior Leadership Teams and have strong working-level relationships with supervisors to ensure our supervisory processes and systems are kept current and assist supervisors manage their regulatory workload.
The Central Support Department is running two internal projects that will further improve the way firms are supervised. We are now recruiting for a talented Senior Associate to support these projects. This role has a dotted line into the communications function however will work primarily within the Supervision and Authorisation divisions. This role will be offered on a 9 month fixed term contract or secondment basis.
What does this job involve?
The key responsibilities of the post holder will be:
- Facilitating workstreams though the process of identifying internal comms objectives.
- Tactical planning: including best practice methods to meet internal comms objectives, in line with the FCA's Internal Communications Strategy.
- Management of the tactical plan(s) to ensure all identified resources are delivering as agreed.
- Writing and delivering innovative communications collateral/material to use via face-to-face, online and print channels that are aligned to the FCA Brand and Tone of Voice.
- Measuring and evaluating tactical plans as appropriate and demonstrating added value/ROI to the business.
- Ensuring alignment with the plans and activities of the FCA's Communications Division especially the Internal Communications team and flagging with them any identified need for external communications, so that suitable support can be provided
What will I get from the role?
The role provides an opportunity to lead on two high profile internal communications projects, for an organisation with over 3,000 employees and a high public profile.
As an Academy business we place great value on your learning and we offer world-class development opportunities which will assist you in achieving your career aspirations. Our Academy offers you a range of opportunities for personal and professional development, including our MSC in financial regulation, Advanced Managers programme, sponsored study and more.
Which minimum, essential & desirable skills are required?Minimum
We're a signatory to the Government's Disability Confident scheme. This means that we guarantee an interview to any disabled candidates entering under the scheme, should they meet the minimum criteria for a role.
- Experience in internal communications or similar campaign/change background and experience of programme/project communications.
- Proven experience in creating and delivering communications plans aligned to business objectives, including measurement techniques and evaluation methods.
- Experience of managing stakeholders at all levels.
- Excellent written language skills
- Strong oral communications skills and the confidence to engage effectively with a broad range of stakeholders, particularly under pressure.
- Creative with solutions and able to transform ideas into practical reality that are aligned to the FCA brand and tone of voice.
- Good project management skills and ability to look forward; anticipate and deal with risk before it's an issue and use your judgement to make effective decisions
- Involved in different cross-team and cross-divisional collaboration efforts
- Awareness of best practice communications standards
- Sound business acumen
- Excellent team working skills; corporate citizenship awareness and leadership skills.
- Able to measure value to business and ROI
- Educated to degree level or similar qualification
As an inclusive employer, we are open to considering flexible working arrangements. Please contact our recruiter if you wish to apply for this role on a flexible basis.
The job family for this role is COM C and applications close on Thursday, 13 July 2017.
This role will be offered on a 9 month fixed term contract or secondment basis.
Stage 1: On-line application, please submit your CV and answer to the following application question:
Why do you believe that you are suitable for this role? Please ensure that you specifically relate your answer to the criteria listed in the job advert, covering your relevant skills, technical knowledge and competencies. (Max 300 words)
Stage 2: Screening - your application will then be forwarded to the recruiting managers
Stage 3: Selection & assessment process (could be subject to change) Written Case Study + Competency Based Interview.
Please contact Shazna Chowdhury if you have any questions about the role.
This role will be based in London, Canary Wharf, with a planned move in 2018 to a new site in The International Quarter, Stratford.