Financial Modeller - Permanent - Central London - £60,000 - £70,000
The purpose of the role is to provide advanced Excel modelling skills to support DCC in developing financial models for the Enrolment and Adoption (SMETS1) and Switching projects.
About Capita | DCC
We are Capita, the UK's leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions. Through bespoke, quality solutions, we've helped countless organisations unlock value and maximise their potential. With access to our range of unique and diverse opportunities, offering real career advancement and progression, we can unlock your potential too.
The Data and Communications Company (DCC) is delivering a once-in-a-generation programme to build a smart metering network for Great Britain.
Perhaps the most ambitious of its kind in the world, the programme will allow energy suppliers to roll out millions of smart electricity and gas meters to homes and small non-domestic properties. Funded by the energy industry, the network will connect smart meters to the business systems of energy suppliers, network operators and other authorised service users.
- Create a complex financial model to support options appraisal for the E&A project
- Scope out requirements from the project plan and integrate the impact of requirements into models allowing for scenario planning and forecasting
- Review existing assumptions/models and build upon these to contribute to the Enrolment Feasibility Report - the current project phase
- Ensure that the Ofgem reporting requirements for Switching are met based on the current Cost Model
- Work with external providers to ensure that existing Excel report structure for Switching is superseded by automated report generation out of BPC
- Simplification of the existing Switching Cost model
- Presenting data and modelling results
- Refinements and improvements to models and analysis across both programmes
- Work alongside the Finance Business Partners to ensure that the latest financial projections being modelled are reflected in any DCC financial Forecasts, Budgets and Charging Statements
- Involvement in discussions on implementing the charging principles for SMETS1 costs
- Other Ad hoc requirements as required, which may include financial modelling on other DCC programmes and initiatives
- Stakeholder engagement including Service Providers, Ofgem, DECC and Energy Suppliers
- Deputise for the Commercial FP&A Manager on internal modelling/reporting as required
- Advanced Excel modelling skills and technique, including VBA
- Ability to create clear process maps and detailed instruction manuals for models
- Knowledge of financial principles
- Confident in managing demanding stakeholders
- A self-starter with a passion for data and attention to detail. A high level of curiosity, intellectual agility and statistical fluency is essential.
- CIMA/ACA/ACCA qualified or equivalent
- Previous commercial experience and modelling within different business environments desirable, typically within a finance context
- Experience of working in the energy, government or telecommunications sectors
- Experience of working in a regulated environment
- Effective communicator - both written and spoken
- Analytical approach to problem solving
- An eye for detail, ability to review/quality assure documentation and provide constructive feedback
- Communicate complex concepts and ideas through visual and financial models
- Proven track of applying analytical tools and methods
- Good experience of workshop facilitation
- Design, build and manage complex financial models
- Curiosity, and a desire to explore a range of options to develop the right solution
- Excellent at building and managing working relationships
- Self-manager who is equally comfortable working independently as well as within a team
- Appetite for working with complexity, yet maintaining a focus on producing simple, evidence-based analysis and solutions.
- Ability to persuade busy people and groups to provide the inputs required through effective communication and stakeholder engagement.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
Listen | Create | Deliver
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.