Role - Contracts Manager
Location - Wimbledon
Salary - £60k-£75k + Package
My client is looking for a Contracts Manager to join their team to work on Hi-End Residential, Refurbishment and Commercial Projects in London and surrounding areas.
My client worked on a refurbishment project in Fulham, the total refurbishment of the house included the excavation of a 2000 square ft. basement to create a gym, cinema, wine store, study, plant room and also storage. A two-story fish pond was installed which had to be visible from the gym, along with the study and cinema opening to the outside at ground level.
Due to their continued growth and strong pipeline, there is an opportunity for a Contracts Manager to join the company and progress within the company.
Reporting to the Construction Director, your responsibilities will include but not be limited to;
- Lead site teams in carrying out projects in an effective and efficient manner
- Commercial management of projects, to ensure
- Ensure that adequate pre-contract planning is carried out including method statements, contract program and site layout
- Be responsible for the health & safety plan in conjunction with the H&S Advisor
- Arrange and chair internal pre-start/estimating handover meetings
- Arrange external pre-contract meetings with C/A and other interested parties
- Allocate, distribute and action of technical information
- Maintain sufficient information to enable the progress of actions
- Prepare internal and external progress reports
- Oversee the day to day management of the contracts
- Recommend improvements to existing systems or procedures as appropriate
- Monitor the quality of work to ensure that all works comply with the relevant standards
- Monitor and check the costs in conjunction with the contract to ensure the projects are kept within budget
To be successful in the role you will possess the following skills and attributes:
- Must have a demonstrated track record in contracts management within a contractor environment with both internal and external refurbishment projects
- Must have commercial awareness and JCT contract knowledge
- Experience with managing projects ranging valued at £3m+
- CSCS Card
- First Aid
- Have excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Must be computer literate
- Must have strong programming skills
- Must have concrete frame experience
If you would like to be considered for this role or any other opportunities, please submit your CV, or for a confidential discussion, please get in touch with Megan Spice on .