An excellent opportunity has arisen at a leading international law firm for a paralegal looking to further their career in the world of finance law. This is your chance to join a highly-rated banking and finance team in a close-knit structure and gain exposure to a range of exciting high-end debt transactions throughout the entire life cycle of the deal.
You would be working closely with one other paralegal, and a small team of associates and partners representing international corporate clients, both lender and borrower side, on a variety of multi-million-pound cross-jurisdictional facility agreements.
Typical responsibilities would include:
- Transaction management such as drafting, collating, checking and reviewing documents associated to each deal for accuracy;
- Opening new files, managing files and looking after invoicing;
- Researching points of law and other factual issues to assist fee earners on transactions;
- Assisting with closings;
- Attending, and taking notes during, client and team meetings;
- Providing back up support to the wider department in the project management of larger finance transactions;
- Liaising with colleagues in the firm’s international offices on multi-jurisdictional projects;
To be suitable for this role you must:
- Have completed a law degree (or conversion) with at least a 2:1 grade;
- Ideally have completed the LPC;
- Have at least 6 months of consistent relevant experience as a paralegal working in a transactional team, ideally from a banking and finance team from a top international law firm or financial institution;
- Have experience drafting conditions precedent for debt finance or similar transactions.
This represents an excellent opportunity for any paralegal looking to take the next step in their career as a transactional lawyer and offers an especially broad range of work and an excellent cross section of the day to day activity of a finance lawyer, ideal for anybody ultimately looking for a City training contract further down the line.
The role is for an initial period of 6 months but is likely to be extended beyond this, depending on individual performance.
It is Career Legal’s policy, as a matter of courtesy to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful and your details have not been retained. Please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Career Legal is a Recruitment Agency and is advertising this permanent vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients. Thank you