Premises Manager Needed - Primary School - South London
Lovely Primary School in South London
Close to public transport
£21,000 - £23,000 dependent on experience
Temp to perm contract
Primary School Premises Manager - August/ September 2017 start
Full time, Premises Manager required for small South London Primary School.
The Premises Officer will be responsible for the upkeep, care and maintenance of this lovely primary school. You will be main key holder and will be responsible to the school Executive Headteacher.
The roles responsibilities:-
* To supervise premises staff and domestic staff, to ensure that their work is directed to maximise 'value for money';
* To supervise all work completed by outside agencies on the premises and grounds, their services, fittings and equipment to ensure quality control. That areas are left as they are found. Any inefficiency or ineffectiveness are brought to the attention of the Estates Manager;
* To build/refurbish areas of the academy as required by the Academy Leadership Group;
* To ensure academy vehicles are maintained, serviced and cleaned;
* To provide such technical and craft support to teaching staff within the capability of staff at his/her disposal;
* To regularly inspect internal and external fabric of the buildings, initiating reparation of defects and prioritising necessary repairs. Any major defects or development plans to be discussed with the Principal;
* To liaise with Estates Manager/Principal on all matters of security during the Academy day and out of hours;
* To complete all tasks within his/her area of responsibility that may reasonably be requested by Estates Manager or Principal;
* To be responsible for security systems and the security of the Academy, Liaising closely with the Resources Manager;
* Schedule, prioritise and supervise the work of the maintenance supervisors, cleaning staff and any other members of staff employed, within his/her area of responsibility;
* To recommend bonus awards for maintenance staff to the Principal;
* To maintain, decorate and repair the academy premises where such work is within the capabilities of the premises team;
* To oversee Community use and bookings of the premises, taking and managing bookings and ensuring that the premises team rotas cover community use;
* Promotion of Community use;
* Liaising with the Resources Manager and Finance team regarding community use;
* To supervise oversight of deliveries to the site as appropriate;
* Management of Cleaning Contract for compliance and quality;
* Liaising with premises management staff in other academies in order to ensure that the benefits of Federation working in terms of staffing, economies of scale etc are gained.
- Must be able to provide two referees from related job roles
- Ideally experience working within an education setting - primary school, secondary school or college
- Hold a valid and clear police check (DBS) or willing to undergo the application of one.
If you feel you meet the above criteria and would be an asset to this school, please send your CV to Cara and Reeson Education asap.