Trainee Planner, West Sussex, £18000-26000pa plus great benefits.
Our West Sussex based client is a leader in the design and manufacture of high cost, low volume capital equipment.
They are looking for a Trainee Planner to work within the Supply Chain Group in order to deliver high quality service to customers and patients. As a planner you will be responsible for establishing the stocking strategy and managing the global inventory levels to ensure the best optimal inventory for working capital and lead-time to satisfy orders.
Our client will provide the opportunity to study towards an APICS certification, which is a recognised qualification to aid in cementing your career in Planning.
* Assist in the performance of product reviews
* Manage product delivery within the defined corporate inventory targets
* Minimise inventory surplus via frequent monitoring of demand / forecast
* Actively drive inventory improvements through the identification of obsolete material and the proposal of disposal options
* Deliver inventory stock turns in line with corporate objective
* Actively identify and contribute to cross functional improvement projects
* Maintain all designated process maps, work instructions and documents relevant to the job
* Identification of unique componentry and foreseen availability issues to forewarn the markets of future supply risks
* Monitor and feedback on delivery of product performance
* Produce KPI's to support performance
Successful candidates will ideally be degree qualified with experience in an engineering/manufacturing environment through either a placement year, or have current working experience in Planning or Supply Chain.
The successful candidate will have a logical and analytical mind-set and enjoy data analytics, particularly working with Excel.
For more details on this great opportunity please contact Steve Read at Search Technical.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.