A Leading City law firm with around 1,000 partners and worldwide staff, regarded as one of the most prestigious law firms in the world, is looking for an AML Officer to join its compliance function.
The AML Officer will provide support to both fee earners and the Compliance Officers in ensuring that all new clients and matters opened comply with the firm’s Anti-Money Laundering ('AML’) and Customer Due Diligence ('CDD’) Policies and Procedures as required.
This role reports into the Compliance Manager but will have wider interactions with all members of Compliance including the Compliance lawyers and Deputy Head of Compliance.
- Support fee earners in determining the nature and level of due diligence required
- Assist fee earners to obtain the relevant information
- Reviewing, analysing and documenting the information submitted and decisions taken
- Provide the Compliance Officers with everyday support and guidance in relation to their AML and CDD related duties
- Assist with regular and ongoing reviews of CDD information for clients.
- Conduct Enhanced Due Diligence monitoring and research.
- Assist with the development of effective systems and procedures to implement the firm’s AML and CDD Policies and Procedures.
- Identify, assess and review company information databases and other sources for customer due diligence research.
- To assist with the daily tasks and responsibilities carried out by the Compliance Officers, Conflicts Officer and Compliance Assistant in relation to all and any aspects of the new client and new matter inception processes.
Candidates should be able to demonstrate the following key skills and attributes:
- Exercise judgement and make informed and practical decisions within well-defined processes.
- Close attention to detail in own and others’ work.
- Communicate complex or complicated procedures or requirements in a confident, clear, well-structured manner.
- Absorb, analyse and consolidate large amounts of information.
- Organise, plan and prioritise own workload.
- Good team player, making a fair contribution to the team and offering support to colleagues and sharing information and best practice.
It is Career Legal’s policy, as a matter of courtesy to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful and your details have not been retained. Please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Career Legal is a Recruitment Agency and is advertising this permanent vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients. Thank you