Flights and Ticketing Specialist
Due to an increase in business, this high profile, progressive International travel company requires a Flights and Ticketing Specialist to handle an array of worldwide flight itineraries and fares.
Role to include:
The focus of this role is to book flights and ancillary travel arrangements for customers that have made a booking with their Sales team for an international break.
Other duties include:
- Advising customers on any queries regarding their booking, or redirecting them to the relevant department
- Liaising and advising sales agents on suitable travel options for prospective customers
- Provide sound solutions in unexpected situations
- Accurately issuing all tickets to prevent ADMs and save costs where possible
- Providing training and daily support for the team from PNR creation to the pricing of the PNR using published and nett (CAT23/35) fares.
- To provide an out of hours` coverage and support when required
- Possess a sound knowledge of airlines reservations and ticketing principles including an ability to manually build fare quotes
- A sound understanding of airline contracts and procedures
- You must have a minimum 3 yearsGDS Amadeus experience
- Knowledge of airline rules and regulations including fare rules, ticket exchanges, ticket refunds etc
- Good working knowledge of manual fare construction and airline fare rules applicable to the issuance of tickets
- Experience of manual issuance, re-issuance and re-calculations with rate desk pricing, manual fare construction
- Experience and full working knowledge of both net and published fares (Knowledge of CAT 35 /25)
- Good geographical and product knowledge of destinations, cities and airlines
- Working knowledge of EMDs and organisation of queues
- An exposure to low-cost carriers and charters