An opportunity has arisen for a commercially aware procurement manager to join the Finance Department to develop and embed a central procurement function, whilst driving a strategic approach to procurement across the wider organisation. It is a fantastic opportunity to play a critical role in leading the procurement function and provide strategic direction.
You will work closely with key stakeholders to achieve demonstrable value and sustainable savings, provide professional procurement advice and lead continuous improvements of systems and processes.
- Develop a procurement strategy, ensuring that it achieves value for money
- Provide professional advice and guidance on procurement
- Develop contract database and ensure effective contract management
- Develop an implement a category management approach to all non-pay spend
- Identify opportunities for efficiencies and cost reductions
- Hands-on public sector procurement experience
- Ensure compliance with EU and in line with the organisation’s policy and obligations
- Degree/MCIPS qualified
- Strong knowledge of public sector procurement, ideally with higher education
- Comprehensive knowledge of procurement
- Agile and proactive in approach
- Hands-on experience of public sector procurement
- Track record of successful contract management
- Exceptional stakeholder engagement