Marketing Manager (travel industry)
Job role: Marketing Manager(travel industry)
Position: Full time permanent
Benefits: Being part of fast paced, fast growing team
Working with blue-chip names of the global travel industry
Fantastic opportunity for the right individual to take real ownership of this area of the business.
The role will present great challenges in a highly stimulating industry; this won’t be for the faint hearted!
You will work as part of a friendly, supportive, passionate team who share a genuine passion and excitement for the brand.
You will have overall responsibility of the production and implementation of strategic and tactical marketing plans.
- University degree or equivalent, and ideally a marketing qualification
- Proven marketing experience in a media environment, B2B preferred
- Database strategy marketing experience - preferable
- Research project experience
- Print circulation management experience - preferable
- Digital marketing experience - preferable
- Excellent copywriting skills
- Strong presentation skills with ability to present at a high level
- Experience in using a CMS to create content, and a general understanding of types of digital content and how to leverage them
- Experience in delivering successful social media campaigns, including paid and unpaid promotions
- Ability to devise, write and implement email campaigns, and monitor their response
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- A genuine desire and ability to learn/absorb an industry, it’s issues, trends and players and apply that knowledge in a marketing environment
- A willingness to represent the brand at external events as and when required
- A commercially minded person who will enjoy working with the commercial team to analyse relationships, sales campaigns and the market, and support them in their communication with our customers
- Team player, but one with a self-sufficient, self-motivated, proactive and organised attitude
- Full computer literacy - PC skills especially Excel and email management a must
Responsibilities of the role:
- Provide timely, comprehensive and ongoing marketing support to all areas of the business.
- Devise new database marketing offerings in conjunction with brand team, utilising the full capability of our in-house platforms
- Maintain event project timelines for effective campaign management.
- Manage email marketing campaigns for relevant projects
- Circulation management for associated print titles - including free, subscription, digital elements and ABC compliance
- Produce magazine marketing plans
- Manage the marketing budget on each relevant project
- Conduct relevant market research as required
- Write where required creative copy for campaigns
- Maintain thorough understanding of performance of previous campaigns and ensure appropriate analysis is completed and used on the creation of the next campaign
- Ensure input from industry bodies, advisory boards and key opinion makers and manage these relationships where appropriate
- Develop successful online promotions
- Undertake ad hoc projects as required
- Liaise with the Commercial Director for purposes of marketing and sales support
- Liaise with the Events team to develop event marketing plans
- Liaise with the Creative Director on the design of key projects