Are you tired of the client always being right, even when they’re not… or working in a business with so many layers that you don’t get much of a say in how things are done? If that’s the case and you’re a PPC professional with a few years under your belt and a good grasp of good PPC practices and technologies, then we’d love to hear from you.
Who we are
Part of one of the world’s largest education businesses, Kaplan Inc, Kaplan International English is a group of English language schools with 40 worldwide locations, including one on the 63rd floor of the Empire State Building. You can check out what we do at www.kaplaninternational.com
Our students are from all over the world and are provided with English tuition, trips and activities to fill their leisure time and great places to stay whilst they study with us. We even meet them from their flights when they first arrive. So you could say that we’re as much a travel business as we are an English teaching organisation. We reach our customers through all digital channels with performance media, which we operate in more than 15 languages, being a key source of leads for our sales teams.
What you’ll be doing
As our Performance Media Specialist, specialising in Paid Search, you’ll be part of a team which is responsible for all biddable media activities which also includes Display/Real-time bidding (RTB), Facebook, Youtube and Twitter advertising.You will own the Paid Search channel, working across campaigns in multiple regions and multiple languages - responsible for monitoring spend and performance, managing keywords, making ad copy changes and undertaking analysis and performance improvement.
A typical day will involve lots of liaison with colleagues in our regional marketing teams. Combining your knowledge of Paid Search tactics and strategy with their knowledge of their region, you’ll work collaboratively to deliver great results cost efficiently. Budgets are tightly managed, results matter and you’ll be pushed to deliver the best of which you are capable. You’ll do this by keeping a keen eye on results, using insights from the numbers as well as your knowledge of best practice, to continually improve quality and maximise ROI.
You’ll be able to draw on an impressive amount of automation, which we are committed to driving forward, so you’ll be able to focus on analysis, not data entry or cutting and pasting reports together. We work with a number of partners and 3rd parties in paid search media and paid search technology and you will also work closely with our Head of Performance Media to ensure that these partnerships are working well.
You’ll spend time reading around your subject - both in and outside the workplace, consuming blogs and articles about best practice in Paid search as well as any new techniques and tools that are out there. The space is changing very fast and you’ll need to be on top it.
What’s great about this role?
- Working with talented specialists in Performance Media and other channels (CRM, web, analytics and optimisation).
- Teammates who are supportive and collaborative, united by the same goal across channels
- Opportunities to develop through broad exposure to other channels including Paid Social, Display, video advertising and affiliates.
- A flat structure where your voice will be heard
- Beautiful, architect-designed offices (5 mins from West Kensington)
- A sociable, highly international environment (about 50 nationalities at last count)
- Enrichment activities including language classes, a company choir and after-work visits to the on-site bar to get to know colleagues!
What you’ll need
- Demonstrable passion for ecommerce marketing
- Bachelor’s degree - preferably in a numbers-based discipline such as Maths, Statistics, Economics or Business or a subject containing a considerable numerical/analytical element
- Advanced knowledge of and extensive experience using paid search campaign management technologies, i.e. Kenshoo, Marin, DoubleClick search, Adobe Adlens etc.
- Advanced Excel skills
- Confident in Google Analytics and tag management (such as Tealium, Signal).
- Excellent attention to detail
- An organised approach to your work, with exemplary time management skills, ability to prioritise and work well under pressure
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written.
- Quick to learn, and keen to develop within a growing industry
- Team player, able to work with multiple levels of management and peers
- Ability to work to deadlines in a fast paced environment
So if you’re looking to move somewhere you’ll get to develop and make a real difference, please get in touch. We’d love to hear from you. Send CV and a covering letter. (We do read covering letters so please take some time to tell us why you’re interested and what you’re looking for)