Editorial Production Manager - Society Publishing
We are looking for an experienced and highly motivated Editorial Production Manager to work for a Prestigious scientific membership Society Publisher based in central London. The Editorial Production Manager is a newly created role and will report directly to the CEO and will work closely with key trustees and other members of the team to develop innovative ways to support and grow their flagship journal and their membership.
This is a key role within the team with enormous scope to develop the role and the journal and the successful person will be responsible for the strategic development of the journals and a new membership magazine, therefore the successful candidate will need high levels of initiative and drive, and will bring a strong understanding of the wider publishing and knowledge environment of scientific journal publishing.
Key responsibilities of the role will involve but is not limited to:
- Managing article submissions and peer review via the Editorial Manager
- Responding to author and review queries
- Keeping abreast of updates in Editorial Manager and implement new developments
- Train new users and assist other users with Editorial manager
- Work with Editorial Boards to develop a journal strategy that focuses on increasing the journal impact factor, quality of submissions and sales
- Develop strong engagement strategies and working relationships with the editor-in-chief and Editorial Boards
- With the Editor-in-Chief, manage and prioritise editorial workflow, ensuring strong forward planning, and producing content to strict deadlines
- Developing a regular membership magazine
- Participate in training to develop skills, knowledge and service standards
This is a pivotal role in the team which would suit and Editorial Production Manager looking to develop their role further within a new team, or a senior production editor looking for a step into management.
The successful candidate will have possess the following skills and experience:
- Graduate or post-graduate qualification
- Sufficient demonstrable experience of working in a (and strong understanding of) similar role in a learned society or scientific journals background
- An understanding of the learned society publishing sector
- Strong editorial and production experience within a journals environment
- Journal/magazine production, website and branding redevelopment experience
- An in-depth knowledge of editorial management systems
- Strong editing skills and an eagle eye for detail and accuracy
For further details of this new role, please forward your CV and a short covering letter, outlining your interest and salary details.