Helpdesk Level 1 Support
We are seeking a Helpdesk Level 1 Support Engineer on a one year rolling contract based at a client site in Central London. First contract will be from 1st August 2017 up until 31st July 2018.
About Cloud Direct:
We’re a bright, capable bunch focussed on helping our small-medium customers move to the cloud easily and safely. Fast moving and entrepreneurial, we’re recruiting energetic people committed to excellence and personal growth along with the business.
Today, there are 170 of us across Bath, Bracknell, London and Cape Town, with more exciting growth plans in the pipeline. We help our people dig deep to make the most out of their careers with Cloud Direct. With great financial and lifestyle benefits, we also have a 'fun fund’ and regular sporty, foody and social occasions.
We’re a Microsoft gold cloud solutions provider (CSP) for the small to midsize market, plus for hosting and Skype for Business, driving high growth around Azure and Office 365. We hold ISO 20000 (for service) and ISO 27001 (for security).
We recognise that our people drive and inspire the business - two reasons why we’re Investors in People - Gold.
Technical experience in the following areas:
• Level 1 Support Engineer, dealing with phone calls, emails and face-to-face user requests in an organization of about 160 people.
• Physically setup, install and assign end user equipment. These include desktop and laptop computers, printers, scanners, mobile devices according to GIC specifications.
• Inventory Management and Reporting
• Log and Troubleshoot issues that end-users face
• Microsoft Office suite of applications (Office 2010, 2013, 2016) - Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint.
• Microsoft Exchange / Skype For Business (2013 and later)
• Windows 7, Windows 10 Operating System functions
• Browser and web application related issues
• Good communication skills. Job nature involves lots of face-to-face interaction and liaising with various internal teams globally.
• Good analytical and problem-solving skills. Able to follow instructions.
• Good record keeping skills for case logging and report generation.
• Ability to learn-on-the-job quickly
• Knowledge of Audio Visual/Video conference set ups
• Knowledge of VMWare Horizon for thin clients
• Knowledge of iOS
• Able to work on weekends given advanced notice. Please include rates in the proposal.
• Work closely with all areas of the business on customer handovers in order to ensure a smooth experience for new and existing customers;
• Working closely with all departments to ensure customer issues are resolved in a timely manner and a positive customer experience is maintained.
• Update team wikis, knowledge base articles and technical tips for internal service improvement as they are identified;
• A team worker who is customer focused and thrives in a team environment
• The potential for customer service provisioning to assist Service Delivery colleagues during peak times.
Personal Performance & Development
• Monitor and understand own performance against KPI’s
• Prioritise case workload and manage working time effectively;
• Take personal ownership for maintenance and development of technical and role based skills and expertise;
• Take ownership for and progress personal development plan.
• Comply with the Information Security and Service Management policies and procedures as outlined in the IMS documentation to ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of all information assets.
This role requires the use of the following company systems:
• In House CRM, Service Now and SharePoint;
• Office365 email and productivity tools such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc;
• Service control portals for key products (e.g. Attix 5, VoIP etc.);
• Yammer (company social media and collaboration);
Terms of Employment:
This role attracts the following employment conditions:
• 0800h to 1700h Monday to Friday excluding UK bank holidays.
Benefits of joining us:
- Pension scheme
- Discounted gym membership
- Life assurance
- Income protection
- Health cover
- Birthday lunches
- Fun fund
- Cycle to work scheme