Ecommerce Trading Merchandiser
Our client are a fast growing digital business.
To manage the day to day trading activity to targets across all websites for the business.
You will manage the execution of the promotional plan across the UK and IE websites ensuring all promotional activity goes live correctly and according to plan. This involves managing the online shopping experience across sites delivering against customer expectations and meeting business performance KPIs.
A key part of your role will be working with the wider marketing team to manage the ongoing optimisation, performance and trading of websites.
You will also be required to identify new functionality to help improve the customer experience and performance of the sites.
It would be beneficial to have experience of some website projects, an understanding of UX, a higher than average level of common sense and a keen eye for trading and deal making.
A key part of trading the websites is understanding the website performance. You will use web analytics tools and work with the marketing team to monitor performance of all the key elements of the website in order to identify improvements and opportunities across the site (mobile first) and make recommendations and execute to a high standard.
This role requires a strong commercial flair, communication and organisation skills.
Tasks, Duties & Responsibilities
• You will have a strong understanding of the trading performance of each website (banner clicks, traffic behaviour, conversion triggers etc) and feed this into the key directional and other trading meetings to use as a basis to make decisions around the promotional plan.
• You will be responsible for the execution of the promotional plan across each website making decisions as to how best to execute promotions on the website to gain maximum visitor attention and drive sales and conversion.
• You will manage the 'shop front’ at all times throughout the day ensuring all promotional activity goes live correctly and according to plan including performing out of hours & weekend checks.
• You will monitor the ongoing performance of online promotions, stock sales to forecast, sales trends and profit management, making any recommendations for change and feeding this back to other managers and Heads of Department.
• You will be responsible for ensuring that user experience is optimum at all times on a day to day basis and consult with the wider marketing team and tech on this as necessary.
• Supporting the launch new functionality on all sites with user testing and feedback
• Manage the trading of all sites ensuring you meet targets for website conversion, sales, basket abandonment and average order value.
• You will work with the User Experience project on new strategies to improve performance against these KPIs on an ongoing basis.
• You will manage the process within the team for checking all content across the translated language sites ensuring that there are no errors and all content is accurate
• Understanding and monitoring website performance
• You will use web analytics tools and work with the marketing team to monitor performance of all the key elements of the sites in order to understand the success of the promotional programme and make recommendations for changes on a daily basis.
• You will be comfortable using web analytics tools such as Google Analytics and making recommendations using data as a basis.
• You will work with our Customer Manager help deploy personalization software to improve the shopping experience of customers and deliver a more targeted programme of promotions including testing new executions to different customer groups. You will communicate these results to the rest of the business ensuring business buy in and understanding.
Excellent package on offer