There is now a vacancy for a Toolmaker to join a leading company in West Sussex. Salary for the Toolmaker is c£40-45k + benefits.
This is a rare opportunity to join part of an established tool design and manufacturing team, where your design skills will be used from the start. As Toolmaker you need to have strong design skills including CAD. Ideally you will have worked in plastics or a similar industry.
The successful candidate will enjoy a varied role involving both time in the toolroom preparing and modifying designs, as well as in the factory for product trials.
Overview of Role and Responsibilities:
- Working as part of the tool designing and manufacturing team
- Designing of new tools and undertaking product trials
- Varied design and development work
- Preparation and modifications of designs
- Customer liaison to ensure highest possible standard of product accuracy and quality
- Reading and interpreting technical drawings as part of the process
- Ideally Degree or HNC in Mechanical Engineering
- Experience of tool design using 2D CAD
- Experienced in a mechanical engineering, workshop environment.
- Experienced in workshop techniques - milling, turning, welding
- Thermoplastics skills are a distinct advantage
- Able to measure components accurately using vernier, calliper etc
- Strong multi-tasking and communication skills
- Basic PC skills - use of MS Excel
- Able to manage multiple workloads against deadlines