Graduate Marketing Specialist
What is your challenge:
- Speed up the growth of Blasting News in the assigned market.
Currently, markets with an open position are: UK and Germany.
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR A MARKET, YOU NEED TO BE MOTHER-TONGUE OR HAVE AN EQUIVALENT LANGUAGE COMPETENCE.
What you will do:
- Search, identify, and reach out to new potential blasters (passionate writers, journalists, freelancers) to join Blasting News in the Target Country;
- Deal with Universities and other institutions (e.g., educational) to attract talented, young writers;
- Identify and implement direct marketing activities to grow Blasting News blaster base;
- Encourage the blasters to actively contribute on Blasting News;
- Support the blasters teaching digital media competences;
- Manage the blaster’s community in the Target Country.
The successful Marketing Specialist has the career objective to increase Blasting News market share in the assigned market growing its responsibility within the organization.
The ideal candidate:
- Native speaker in the language of the target countries (fluency in more than one language is considered a strong plus);
- Strong team-working skills;
- Passion for online media and social journalism;
- Desire to make a difference in the web world and a clear knowledge of the latest news and innovation in the industry;
- Willingness to contribute to the creation of a new success case, bringing great energy and positive attitude;
- Ability to "make things happen", going beyond daily tasks;
- Excellent knowledge of the English language.
What we are looking for:
Your attitude and approach are more important to us than your specific skill set or competencies. We believe that the real key to success is to:
- Be entrepreneurial, proactive, and innovative;
- Get things done;
- The easier, the better;
- Never complain: focus on solutions, don’t focus on problems;
- Lead by example, driving everybody else in the company towards better results;
- Love positive pressure and new daily challenges;
- Go beyond the assigned daily tasks;
- Learn fast;
- Listen first and be humble;
- Be fair.
"It’s not easy to work here. You can work long, hard, or smart, but you can’t choose two out of three. But we are working to build something important, something that we can all tell our grandchildren about. Such things aren’t meant to be easy".
Blasting News is the largest global social news publisher - set up in mid-2013, it is now the 120th most visited websites in the world (Alexa Ranking). Blasting News has grown to 100 million monthly unique on-site visitors in 44 months since its launch, the same time needed by Snapchat and 10 months faster than Facebook - a very encouraging league. Blasting News has readers in five continents and offices in London, New York, Sao Paulo, Milan, Rome, and soon Singapore.
Blasting News is a new disruptive concept of journalism, being made by the people, for the people. News is produced by delocalized freelance contributors (Blasters), fact-checked and curated by a quality team of senior professionals. Furthermore, news is distributed by Social Blasters, a global team of top digital influencers. All the processes are fuelled by the crowd, without any central newsroom - thanks to an extensive use of technology (the core stages are managed by algorithms, some of which are patent-pending).