Senior Commercial Management Surveyor - Commercial Real Estate
Senior Commercial Management Surveyor - Our Client are private real estate investors who have amassed a large mixed use real estate portfolio over the years and are now responsible for the portfolio management. They have now asked us to help them identify an able and self-sufficient Commercial Management Surveyor who will be responsible for a mixed-use portfolio of properties.
THE ROLE will include the following responsibilities but not exclusively:
- Responsible for managing a portfolio of Commercial properties and carrying out regular site visits.
- Providing professional advice to all departments regarding commercial property or estate management matters.
- Undertake property management tasks to include tenant liaison, accounts enquiries and rent arrears management.
- Liaising, managing and monitoring of external agents appointed by the firm to manage its properties.
- Responsible for all landlord and tenant matters, lettings, rent reviews, lease renewals assignments, sub-letting, alterations and budgeting/forecasting.
- Carrying out professional work in connections with lease renewals and rent reviews and negotiating terms for the review of rents for property let on ground leases.
- Negotiating all estate matters arising under existing leases of premises for both directly managed buildings and external agent managed buildings.
- Negotiating and settling of terms for the restructuring of leases and ground leases and/or overseeing external consultants.
- Responsible for letting of vacant properties.
- Negotiating of easements and wayleaves.
- Preparing estimates of income and expenditure on both capital and revenue accounts including subsequent budget monitoring.
- Preparing, managing and charging of service charges on properties under management to include budgeting, expenditure approval and reconciliations.
- Supervising minor refurbishment schemes, whether of a capital or revenue nature in liaison with the building surveyor.
- Responsibility for ensuring information on the property database is kept up-to-date regarding properties managed and any project dealt with.
- Negotiating terms for the review of rents for property let on ground leases.
The Person: To apply, you will preferably be MRICS qualified but consideration will be given to those with at least 5 to 7 years' experience as a Commercial Management Surveyor. It is important that you have a good understanding of all aspects of day to day management including rent reviews, lease renewals and service charge management and are be able to instruct and supervise contractors as well as being 'hands on'.
Please visit our website to view all our vacancies. Follow us on Twitter or on LinkedIn or like us on Facebook
Please note that due to volume we cannot get back to everyone, however every application is looked at and considered and will be held on Trident International's database for review. If you have not heard back from us within 5 working days you should assume your initial application has been unsuccessful, however if suitable roles arise in the future we will make every effort to contact you.