Maintenance shift leader
To lead and manage a shift team within the maintenance department in order to ensure all maintenance jobs are completed on time.
- Working with the Maintenance manager to ensure all Health and Safety legislative requirements are adhered to by in house and external contractors.
- To be one of the first points of call for all contractors and contracted work when being carried out within the campus.
- To be an active member of the on call rota team.
- To liaise with the Maintenance and Helpdesk manager to ensure the required labour and materials are available to ensure all works are completed on time using the Schools procurement system.
- Reporting to the Maintenance Manager daily regarding progress or completion of assigned responsibilities.
- To deputise for the Maintenance Manager and attend meetings when they are on annual leave.
- Inspection and repairs to all systems (including new installations), are monitored to ensure a high level of repair is made.
- To lead& manage the shift team and be responsible for overseeing there work is carried out in the efficient and effective way on a daily basis.
- To use and maintain the BMS system on a daily basis ensuring building conditions are kept at agreed comfort levels and energy consumption is monitored and minimised.
- Exchange information with both internal and external contractors.
- Operate manual or computerised record keeping control systems
- Ensure and check that a high quality of finished workmanship has been achieved.
- Ensure works are undertaken within suitable timescale appropriate to task.
- Ensure work request day work sheets and records are fully completed and handed back to Manager or help desk
- Ensure all Health & Safety and compliance contracts are in place and adhered to.
- Carry out personal reviews
- City and Guilds level 2 & 3 in a discipline of engineering.
- NVQ level 3 in a recognised trade
- Experience leading maintenance team members
- Experience working with all systems relating to the management of buildings.
- Substantial work experience including a proven record of good performance
- Experience in leading maintenance team members within a similar environment
- Experience working in a customer service environment
- Excellent leadership skills
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Experience working in a busy maintenance environment
- Knowledge of BMS systems
- The post holder will be required to work as part of a team. Ownership is an important quality.
- The jobholder needs to think analytically and be focused on achieving results.
- The role requires a community spirit with a strong customer focus.
- The post holder needs to be flexible, reliable and committed
Morgan Hunt is a multi award winning Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer.