Purchasing & Operations Coordinator
Amode is a high-end furniture company specialising in contemporary design, and our purpose is to help create the most beautiful homes in the world for our clients. We are a small, tight knit team with big, exciting plans for growth over the next five years. In order to achieve our goals we are looking for exceptionally talented individuals to join our team and bring their passion, knowledge and expertise to help us achieve our goals!
Job Purpose: You are dedicated to delighting our customers by ensuring their orders arrive to them on time and exactly as they expected. You also help the team at Amode by providing operational support, ensuring stock and supply levels are maintained, and by coordinating any showroom projects, deliveries or events.
Key areas of responsibility: The Purchasing & Operations Coordinator plays an essential role in the success of Amode’s operational and service standards by directly facilitating the fulfilment of Amode’s promises to our clients. You will be responsible for placing purchase orders with production facilities for made-to-order (MTO) customer orders and stock or internal supply orders, and stock control across all locations. Orders will need to be planned, placed, confirmed and tracked from placement through to successful end delivery to our customers, while providing any service support to our customers along the way. You will also be responsible for planning and coordinating the logistics for internal deliveries and showroom events/renovations.
On a day-to-day basis this involves:
- Managing all aspects of the purchasing cycle: from placing and approving purchase orders, to tracking production and timely dispatch, to coordinating with logistics team to arrange final delivery to customer.
- Keeping customers updated on the status of their orders
- Providing customer service/aftersales support to customers and helping to problem-solve and resolve any issues that may have occurred after delivery
- Coordinating subcontractors, colleagues and logistics partners during company events/refits/renovations
- Managing logistic and courier partners
- Maintain an up to date inventory of stock across all locations
- Stock takes and stock control
- Data management using our internal ERP software system
- Additional administrative/operational support
- Monthly reporting
Skills & Experience
- 2 years prior experience working in a similar purchasing, logistics or operations role
- Educated to degree level
- Excellent written/oral communication
- Excellent computer skills/strong working knowledge of excel
- Commitment to excellence and quality. Detail focused on all levels.
- Great time management and organisational skills
- Able to execute multiple tasks while appropriately managing competing priorities
- The ability to build strong relationships with stakeholders, customers, suppliers and colleagues
- Proactivity and the ability to work on your own initiative
- Strong problem-solving ability - with a focus on finding resolving the root of the problem, rather than treating the symptoms
Salary: £28,000 - £35,000 (Depending on experience)
Location: West London
Hours: 9.30am - 5.30pm
Mon-Fri Holiday: 28 days
Job Type: Full-time, permanent