Head of FP&A
Our client a rapidly growing Financial Services firm within the lending space, are using disruptive technology to change the Industry and market place. Due to the rapid continued expansion of the firm and the customer base, they now require someone to Head the FP& A department. The individual will need to come from a Financial Services background, be strong on metrics and own the whole of the budgetary cycle as well as planning.
Duties will include:
- Own, develop and maintain the business financial model.
- Production of annual 3 year financial plan
- Develop financial models and reports to assess and model the impact of business opportunities or market developments on the current and future financial results and strategic plans
- Overall responsibility for the monthly forecasting and annual budgeting process, including coordination and consolidation of inputs, production of analysis and associated commentary
- Produce monthly Board and Executive Committee reporting packs including Key Performance Indicators
- Support the development of new business initiatives, including the financial and strategic analysis of new business proposals
- The key finance lead for strategic/tactical decisions, business cases and new initiatives
- Strategic monitoring including market analysis (direct and connected), competitor analysis and benchmarking, and analysis of commercial partners
- Provide challenge to the business to ensure that planning assumptions are robust and accurately reflect current market conditions and the Business's strategy
- Maintain a strong relationship with the main shareholder
The candidate should be
- Qualified ACA / ACCA / CIMA
- From an FS background ( ideally lending )
- Proven experience in orchestrating the annual Budgetary process, liaising with stakeholders, process managing the Budget to completion
- Proven experience in analysing and understanding Budget variances, recommending corrective actions and driving results.
- Ability to explain variances in P&L and Balance Sheet vs Budgets and Forecasting
- Advanced level of Excel experience including ability to create and use v-look ups, offset and pivot tables.