Credit Control - CC
Vargo are pleased to be working with one of the UK’s leading provider of workplace services. Our client offers a broad range of solutions to help keep organisations running smoothly across the UK and Europe. Over that time, they have developed an expert understanding of the practical and legislative issues that customers face on a daily basis in their workplace. The business comprises of an extensive product and service range, addressing customer needs.
The Credit Controller works within the Credit Management Department and is principally responsible for outbound and inbound customer contact to facilitate payment of outstanding arrears and identifying queries at an early stage. Principally responsible for the collection of aged debt, with particular focus on debt aged in excess of 61 days and resolution of complex issues leading to the collection of cash. Emphasis also on reducing debt in its early stages to avoid debt residues forming. This role focuses on the Key Strategic Top Tier Accounts where the value of accounts is >50K.
- To negotiate with customers to ensure that outstanding debts are cleared within a reasonable time period
- To deal with all incoming work items promptly and efficiently, ensuring customer satisfaction, and action relevant amendments/clearly updating customer account information
- To identify genuine queries, raise appropriately with the support team ensuring all relevant information is obtained/provided
- Create and maintain good professional working relationships both internally and externally with the Support teams and customers
- To reach current targets as set relating to reduction rates, overdue percentages, residue debt - all with a view to reducing the DSO
- To prioritise workload as directed by management and according to current business needs
- To ensure that customer accounts are accurate, up to date and appropriately allocated; raising relevant journals ensuring authorisation as required in all these instances
- To action cheque refund requests, customer correspondence and any urgent requests
- To recommend to management the suspension of service when circumstances permit
- In the extreme circumstances, escalate accounts to management to consider legal action where appropriate
- Previous Credit Control or Collections experience is essential
- Business to Business - dealings with Client Accounts is essential
- To be assertive but polite with sound communication and listening skills
- Accomplished negotiators and be able to stand firmly behind their own decisions.
- Prioritise workload
- Comfortable in the interrogation of ledgers, including complex credit and debits
- Company knowledge
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Cope under pressure