Salary of up to £18,000 per annum
My client is looking to recruit an Accounts Assistant. Applicants should have a good working knowledge of office duties and experience of Sage 50 and/or Sage 200 would be desirable. The successful candidate will need to work to strict deadlines whilst maintaining a high level of accuracy and attention to detail. Working as part of a team they will also need to be able to work on their own initiative.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Processing Purchase Ledger invoices and ensuring they are paid in line with terms agreed with suppliers. Statement reconciliations, queries, filing and general administration tasks
- To ensure Sales ledger invoices are processed on a timely basis, income due is received and these are accounted for accurately.
- Carry out accurate and timely postings of all cash books, and prepare monthly bank reconciliations and allocations as necessary.
- Resolve invoice queries with suppliers and members of staff.
- Chase budget holders for return and approval of Purchase invoices.
- Enter expense claims
- Assist with answering the telephones, opening and distributing the post
- To carry out any other adhoc duties as requested by line management
- Competent user of Excel, Word, Outlook.
- Working knowledge of SAGE 50 and/or SAGE 200 would be an advantage
- Ability to prioritise own workload and ensure deadlines are met.