Graduate Tech Ops Executive Media Agency Central London £19k
This leading customer acquisition/direct response media planning and buying company was formed in 1995.
The agency bills over £100m per annum across all media channels and employs 115 staff between London and Leeds offices.
They have recently seen a sustained and successful period of growth in new business as well as increased spend from existing clients and are now ranked the 16th largest media planning and buying point in the UK. The agency has enough clout and presence in the market to act ‘big’ given its level of billings and status but also retains the flexibility and nimbleness of a small / medium sized agency which many of it's clients require.
This is a permanent graduate job with a starting salary of £19k.
Key responsibilities of the role:
This role will provide technical support to the wider digital teams, enabling them to grow and optimise their accounts effectively and efficiently. It will also provide support in growing the agency’s technical and data lead proposition to improve internal operations and client lead initiatives.
The nature of the company’s business requires a high level of flexibility, common sense, and attention to detail. While the specific content of the role will be clearly defined, this may evolve over time and needs a proactive, hands-on approach to duties.
Day-to-day tasks will include the following.
- Within the Tech Ops department, you are expected to troubleshoot and fix problems that exist within both tech/software and data.
- You will be given multiple tasks to work on at any one time, and each will have different delivery dates. You will have regular communication with your line manager to ensure that expectations are set correctly on work completion, so if you have any concerns they encourage you to ask.
- You will be responsible for communicating deadlines and workloads on a regular basis to ensure expectations for deliverables are set internally and with clients. Knowledge sharing and training of the client teams across multiple levels of technical competencies will also be required as part of this role.
- You will be expected to have a working knowledge of Excel and will be trained in advanced formula, web queries, and Macro creation. You will be expected to use this knowledge to help aid in automating reports for both internal and client purposes to reduce internal workloads.
- Data will be at the heart of everything you do and you will be expected to understand how data is generated from multiple sources and platforms. Data must be managed from a technical point of view to ensure they have the correct tech to derive relevant information while checking the compatibility of internal platforms. They must have an understanding of media performance to manipulate the data, delivering insight on key metrics that clients monitor regularly.
- The data they segment and manipulate needs to be visualised for clients, which means they will expect you to generate bespoke dashboards to represent basic performance results, as well as insights derived from intelligent data mapping which will give the client key information about their business that is not available through standard reporting platforms.
- Proactive analysis of response data with intent to improve efficiencies and performance through the use of data and smart tech.
- This role reports directly into the Lead Tech Ops Analyst, however, the Digital Director will oversee the department to support wider agency initiatives.
Key candidate requirements:
- A recent graduate with a degree in maths, science, engineering, or a related analytical subject.
- Highly numerate and analytical.
- Logical, methodical, and a problem-solver.
- Proactive and a lateral thinker.
- Business-minded and organised with strong attention to detail.
- Entrepreneurial, adaptable, and a self-starter.
- An excellent communicator with an articulate manner.
- Comfortable using Microsoft Office.