Project / Programme Manager - manufacturing
Project Manager / Programme Manager for dynamic manufacturing engineering company to oversee the organisations multi-disciplined projects. As such, will need to demonstrate strong communication and client facing skills as well as in-house project management. With a demonstrable background in Engineering and strength of character to drive projects within time and budget.
The project / programme manager will be responsible for:
- Project & Programme management
- Project delivery and associated P&L
- Communicating with external businesses and partners on project work
- Record all activities in clear, organized and concise documentation.
- Manage multiple projects concurrently
- Work closely with the board in helping with strategy and project development
The project manager must come from a strong engineering background (electronics, mechanical engineering, physics or similar) and ideally be educated to degree level and have gained chartership. Working to deadlines and producing a solid project fit for purpose the manager must command respect of his /her peers in a fast paced engineering environment.
- Minimum 8yrs commercial experience as a project manager in a disciplined environment
- Good exposure and understanding of engineering principles and design - must be able to hold their own from a technical perspective in a client meeting
- Educated to degree level HNC / HND / BSc / BEng or similar
- Sound documentation and written skills
- Excellent communication and persuasion skills
- Strong personality and self starter
- Someone who can remain calm under pressure but who is a strong finisher
- Project Management methodology (e.g. Prince2, Agile, Six Sigma, Lean etc.)
- Good MS Office experience (Excel, Word, MS Project etc)
This is a role that requires the project manager to have a strong personality. So the successful project manager will need to help manage those differing opinions to ensure the projects run to time and budget. An excellent opportunity for a Project / Programme Manager to take ownership and make a clear difference to this very exciting business!
Great company. Challenging role!
Please send your CV for more details of the company and position.