Governance Manager - ICSA
The candidate, a qualified chartered secretary, will have good experience in providing excellent client service in the face of tight deadlines, achieved either in a trust company, professional practice or large secretariat.
Whilst a solid technical background is imperative, personality and character are also critical components of the role. The candidate should be highly organised, resourceful, and calm under pressure with a professional demeanour. As the role requires direct liaison with clients and directors, a diplomatic and flexible approach is of importance. The role requires planning and strict adherence to deadlines, and the ideal candidate will excel in providing accurate and timely delivery supported by evidence of planning and time management.
It is essential that the successful candidate can work well on their own and manage their SPV portfolio, whilst sharing the work practices and procedures of the Team and the Company. The candidate will need to be able to work in an environment that is fast-paced at times, and be able to focus on multiple scenarios and tasks simultaneously.
Ongoing Compliance management - existing transactions
· Taking responsibility for complex transactions/SPVs and relationships, occasionally for a more complex and/or larger portfolio of transactions / SPVs
o Managing, monitoring and actioning of statutory and transaction obligations
o Setting-up, reviewing and re-arranging Company Statutory Registers and updating be-spoke database records for critical dates, procedures and contact details;
o Liaising with external/internal parties to ensure fulfilling all statutory and transaction obligations of managed SPVs, to ensure ongoing compliance.
o Managing the winding-up and liquidation of SPVs
· Reviewing, commenting and ensuring diligent inclusion of comments and correct information in the financial statements of the SPVs and arranging for timely signing off
· Setting-up, reviewing and re-arranging (if needed) Company Statutory Registers and supporting files (Company Books) and Transaction files/folders; maintaining Company Books and records and Minutes Register
· Preparing of minutes, certificates, agreements and other documentation required to be prepared in our role as corporate administrator. (Transactional Services)
· Attending company meetings and meetings with external parties as and when required
· Liaising with Intertrust’s overseas entities to ensure accuracy of database
· Providing Registered Office duties
· Proactively keep up to date with current industry issues
· Winding-up and liquidation of SPVs (due diligence, assisting liquidators, close bank accounts, cancel registrations, arrange dividends and distributions etc).
· Share Trust compliance and Trust termination.
· If required, assisting the Transaction Management Team in the Group in incorporating companies, arranging for any registrations and bank account openings and relevant KYC.
SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
The candidate will need to demonstrate the desire to provide excellent client service in the face of conflicting demands and tight reporting deadlines.
· ICSA Qualified
· Time management, organisational ability, diligence & accuracy and the ability to manage a demanding workload
· Previous relevant experience in administering and providing company secretarial management to U.K. legal entities
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills
· Desire to continuously improve and streamline processes to make a meaningful contribution to the company’s performance