Quantity Surveyor - Social Housing & Commercial Contractor - Permanent - Kent - Up to £45k Basic Plus Package.
Currently seeking a Quantity Surveyor to join a growing social housing & commercial maintenance contractor based in Kent. The contract includes a variation of planned maintenance decent homes works such as kitchen & bathroom refurbishments, roofing, external decorations, window replacements/refurbishments, fascia’s & soffits and brick restorations. The role will consist of duties such as pricing works, procuring & managing sub-contractors, final accounts, cost forecasts, monitoring cash flow and targets. My client is looking for an experienced Quantity Surveyor that is keen to work for a main contractor and eager progress within their career.
The candidate will be expected to carry out the following duties:
* Submission & Negotiations of Final Accounts
* Substantial experience in managing and surveying in the construction industry
* To maintain established profit margins
* To price all works in line with current market conditions
* To improve where possible company profits
* To ensure contracts are financially controlled, to budget and to the clients requirements
* Manage procurement of subcontract packages and materials
* Prepare tenders by measuring and calculating cost estimates, both direct labour and subcontract
* Liaise regularly with contractors, suppliers and clients
* Ensure project information, costs, profitability and value meet the requirements of designated projects
* Work to demanding timescales within a successful team
* Build and maintain client relationships
* Preparing scopes and pricing works, SOR coding using NHF or equivalent
My client is one of the UK’s leading property services companies. It is at the forefront of providing services to the built environment with particular expertise in the social housing, education and commercial sectors. The organisation works in over 400,000 homes a year and is committed to the direct delivery of all services. With multiple offices spread out across the UK they are currently looking to grow their Maidstone office and focus on projects in the area. Due to the success and growth of the team they are now looking for an experienced Quantity Surveyor to join the team and run all commercial aspects of their contracts.
Successful candidates will have experience as a Quantity Surveyor and financial knowledge of construction costs. They will have a understanding of contracts and the tender process and managing packages of work. They will have a BSc or HND (or equivalent) in quantity surveying.
If you require any further information please feel free to contact me on .