Job Title: BI Developer / SQL Server SSIS / SSRS
Salary: £35,000 - £45,000 + benefits
I have an exciting and challenging opportunity for an experienced BI Developer with my client based in Bath. My client is a specialist utilities business with an excellent reputation and is seen as an employer of choice within the Bath area.
Due to investment back into the IT department they are looking for a knowledgeable and experienced BI Developer to join their Business Intelligence Development team based in Bath. This role reports into the BI Team Leader and will be a key member of the team helping to develop their Business Intelligence solutions and expanding their Data Warehouse. Technology wise they are looking for candidates with a Microsoft bias, strong SQL Server experience and a proven track record with the Microsoft BI suite of tools.
- Manages the investigation of corporate data requirements, documenting them according to the required standards utilising the prescribed methods and tools
- Co-ordinates and applies data analysis and data modelling techniques, based upon a detailed understanding of the corporate information requirements, in order to establish, modify or maintain data structures and their associate components (entity descriptions, relationship descriptions, attribute definitions)
- In liaison with the Service Development team management, contribute to the development and maintenance of corporate data standards
- Plans and manages improvements and maintenance of databases to include new releases and upgrades to ensure best performance for the business
- Evaluates and recommends new database technologies
- Develops and contributes towards to delivery of Business Intelligence and Business Discovery solutions
- Designs, develops and implements software integration components including SSIS and ETL processes
Required Skills and Experience:
- Proven experience of working within a similar BI Development position
- Strong knowledge of the Microsoft BI Development Stack
- SQL Server 2008 - 2014 experience
- Good knowledge of SSIS and SSRS
- Strong T-SQL experience
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- QlikView (desirable)
If you are interested in the applying for this exciting and challenging position, please send your CV and a covering letter/e-mail to in the first instance.